MATCH THREAD: Stoke City vs Everton - Sat 29th July - KO 3pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana was the worst of our 4 main midfielders come the back end of last season. He'll have to work to get back in the team.
He's not the finished article but if we're wanting to properly develop him or alternatively put him in the shop window for good money then he needs to be playing regularly imo.

I'm hoping to see him and Garner develop a partnership this season, so the more minutes they can get playing together in pre-season the better.

It means nothing. He's the back up this season when it goes wrong with Coleman and Patterson in terms of injury. And if neither can do the job sufficiently well he'll be started there.

Garner through his hat into the ring on that position and I doubt he'd have done that if he hadn't had a word or two of encouragement from the manager.

People still shocked that dyche the dinosaur is going to pick Keane over Branthwaite
He's not a dinosaur cos we look far more organised and actually look better on the ball than we ever did under Tory Lampard.

Saying that relying on Keane is the one thing he got majorly wrong last season, even though the Spurs goal helped keep us up...(he cost us 1 also i know). if he thinks he can rely on him next season he's deluded. He's not scared to drop players though like he did with coady, godfrey, holgate and even Onana.

Pretty much the team that will start v Fulham.

Interested if Onana has just fallen out of favour or Dyche has quietly been told he'll be sold if a huge bid comes in so dosen't want to play him too much just to lose him in 3-4 weeks.

Let's see how Danjuma gets on as the CF then....

Bench is just ridiculous. Considering there's 9 subs these days I just can't see the required number of signings to make the squad competitive so be prepared for very few game turning options as back up this season, Dyche not big on subs anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back