• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

MATCH THREAD - United States vs Germany - Group G - 12PM Eastern, 5PM UK Time - Thursday June 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah a lot of people are jumping on the "bandwagon" but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I want as many people to watch and enjoy the game as possible. The more the merrier.

Sure some people have no clue whats going on but I see that as an opportunity to teach them about the game instead of being smug about it and thus turning them away for the game.

There was a time where I was one of the fans you described but someone took the time to teach me the game and I couldn't be more appreciative. Maybe you can look at it that way next time.
I've honestly tried with a few good friends of mine. I'm always met with the same responses of ' not enough goals ' ' why do they have to roll around ' ' Its a game with very little skill involved '.

American's are pretty much set in their ways for the most part and are really not interested in learning it.

I've honestly tried with a few good friends of mine. I'm always met with the same responses of ' not enough goals ' ' why do they have to roll around ' ' Its a game with very little skill involved '.

American's are pretty much set in their ways for the most part and are really not interested in learning it.
Agree to disagree.

Same, the audience and interest continues to grow. We don't need the entire country to jump on and have it supplant American Rules Football (or whatever you want), just continuing growth the levels of baseball, basketball or hockey and that will see further marked improvement.

Watched this game in a bar just outside Boston. I'm honestly sick to the teeth of these people jumping on the band wagon.

' USA USA USA '

' Ohhhh should've taken a kick at goal '

The biggest laugh i got though was seeing a large group of people pushing the U.S on to grab an equalizer. They thought losing any game sent you out of the competition. I wanted the U.S to get pummelled today. Mainly because any other time, football is pretty much overlooked here.

Said to one lad. USA are actually playing in a competition called ' The World Cup '. Teams from AROUND the world. Winning this competition actually means you're world champions. He didn't get what i was trying to say.

Still they deserved to advance. Credit where credit is due

I do like how the winners of the Super Bowl are called "World" Champions lol

tbh i love the sport but the rolling around part is a fair statement. really frustrates me with all the diving and "selling of fouls". I played soccer for 12 years (obviously things are a bit different at higher speed, power level, etc) but 95% of fouls at least I saw or experienced you could get right back up. Nowadays someone nicks your foot it's like they took an axe to it, or the players who get stretchered off and walk on the pitch 2 minutes later..

rant over lol

I honestly think Klinsman should drop Bradley

Sounds harsh, but he's truly been woeful

You don't know the team very well...it's not like we have a lot of depth.

Mix is his replacement. I'm Norsk-American. I love Mix. But there is no way he can run that show like Mike.

I hate Jurgen, but he knows who the hell can play.

Well...they're more talented, better at da foosball, more athletic than us, and sleepwalked their way through their group.

But yeah...for some reason, I'm actually with you. Belgium will be favored, NEA.

Do a side by side comparison with today's starters for the US and the normal starters for Belgium and their clubs.

Howard is the only one that compares favorably.

US 2-Belg 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back