• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

MATCH THREAD - United States vs Germany - Group G - 12PM Eastern, 5PM UK Time - Thursday June 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgium has more talent but they haven't really played all that well. 3 one goal wins in a relatively easy group isn't all that impressive. Roberto said during the broadcast they have tremendous individual players but haven't shown a lot as team

I'd prefer Greece or Nigeria, but Belgium isn't that bad of a draw. Should be a decent affair. We are underdogs and we are playing without pressure. Pretty good combo.

we'll also be an underdog, a role that suits us well. hopefully our gash team, for 90(+however many) minutes outperforms their better 11 players.

I think Julian Green (on loan) could easily be the new Deulofeu.

Fabian Johnson (theoretically, but he just moved clubs).

DeAndre Yedlin as Coleman's deputy.

Michael Bradley, although he's carrying some serious wages now.

Bedoya maybe? I haven't been truly impressed with his work so far this tournament. Decent performances, but nothing great. He had a pretty good year with Nantes though.
No Besler? He's dealt with the step up great and has hardly done a thing wrong. He'd be solid depth at CB. I'd have Yedlin as well. Useful depth and only 20.

Belgium has more talent but they haven't really played all that well. 3 one goal wins in a relatively easy group isn't all that impressive. Roberto said during the broadcast they have tremendous individual players but haven't shown a lot as team
Agree, it's a team sport - Belgium look less the sum of their parts whilst the US looks more than.

Bit like Everton vs Man city have looked in the past.

Fitness could well play a part though as the US have had far more travel to tougher locations/games than Belgium have.

Agree, it's a team sport - Belgium look less the sum of their parts whilst the US looks more than.

Bit like Everton vs Man city have looked in the past.

Fitness could well play a part though as the US have had far more travel to tougher locations/games than Belgium have.
True. Jurgen prepared them for the fitness and Roberto commented he thinks their the fittest team in the WC. 4 days off to recover and the game is porto alegre which i believe is one of the cooler cities so I think we should be alright. At least Belgium don't have an extra day like Germany did

True. Jurgen prepared them for the fitness and Roberto commented he thinks their the fittest team in the WC. 4 days off to recover and the game is porto alegre which i believe is one of the cooler cities so I think we should be alright. At least Belgium don't have an extra day like Germany did

Extra day meant nothing. The weather offset any advantage that Germans had.

Good job Timmy, almost always in the position for the easy save.

Extra day meant nothing. The weather offset any advantage that Germans had.

Good job Timmy, almost always in the position for the easy save.
not saying thats why we lost, but you could see the US was looking exhausted in the 2nd half

not saying thats why we lost, but you could see the US was looking exhausted in the 2nd half

We ran ourselves silly chasing the ball and defending in the 1st half. We'd have been tired by the 60th min no matter how much rest we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back