• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

MATCH THREAD - United States vs Germany - Group G - 12PM Eastern, 5PM UK Time - Thursday June 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched this game in a bar just outside Boston. I'm honestly sick to the teeth of these people jumping on the band wagon.

' USA USA USA '

' Ohhhh should've taken a kick at goal '

The biggest laugh i got though was seeing a large group of people pushing the U.S on to grab an equalizer. They thought losing any game sent you out of the competition. I wanted the U.S to get pummelled today. Mainly because any other time, football is pretty much overlooked here.

Said to one lad. USA are actually playing in a competition called ' The World Cup '. Teams from AROUND the world. Winning this competition actually means you're world champions. He didn't get what i was trying to say.

Still they deserved to advance. Credit where credit is due

Watched this game in a bar just outside Boston. I'm honestly sick to the teeth of these people jumping on the band wagon.

' USA USA USA '

' Ohhhh should've taken a kick at goal '

The biggest laugh i got though was seeing a large group of people pushing the U.S on to grab an equalizer. They thought losing any game sent you out of the competition. I wanted the U.S to get pummelled today. Mainly because any other time, football is pretty much overlooked here.

Said to one lad. USA are actually playing in a competition called ' The World Cup '. Teams from AROUND the world. Winning this competition actually means you're world champions. He didn't get what i was trying to say.

Still they deserved to advance. Credit where credit is due
Yeah a lot of people are jumping on the "bandwagon" but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I want as many people to watch and enjoy the game as possible. The more the merrier.

Sure some people have no clue whats going on but I see that as an opportunity to teach them about the game instead of being smug about it and thus turning them away for the game.

There was a time where I was one of the fans you described but someone took the time to teach me the game and I couldn't be more appreciative. Maybe you can look at it that way next time.

Still pretty gash.

Sad but true. It's like I don't even know him anymore. Footballers.

You never know when they're going to break out of it - he was in such good form going in, too. Still, one strike in the next game, one perfect pass, and all is forgiven.

Every game, the US have looked like a different team.

They'll likely look like a completely different team again against Belgium. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back