Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case, say Newcastle come in and ask for Calvert Lewin on loan this season and pay us 30/40 million next year you'd accept it ?
The point is, Burnley could make say £20m rather than £17.5m.

With regards to DCL, I wouldn’t accept that because we value him higher than that and he doesn’t have a release clause. The most Burnley can realistically expect to receive for him is his release clause of £17.5m.

It’s all moot anyway because they have rejected our offer.

Yeah makes me wonder to, has no one told our owners that recently Burnley threatened to take us to court over overspending ? Now we just decide to ask them for their best player on loan after snatching their captain on a free. lol
Well , at least we aren't splashing the cash

I would guess that we would like to sign a number of players and although we can afford the money we can't simply buy in a straight forward deal because of FFP. Being able to reduce the initial financial cost of a purchases will make our financial accounts look better or to put it another way it will make them look less bad.
A loan deal with an obligation to buy, would probably help us but it would also generate more money for Burnley (loan fee plus transfer fee) but stretched over a longer time.

I’m not against signing him, especially given he can cover a few positions.

But Tarky will have had a few clubs making offers, committed himself to coming here straight away then went on his hols.

This fella seems to have a few offers. If he isn’t telling his agent to get him to Everton asap so he can integrate in to pre-season we should bin him off. He’s not good enough for us to do him any favours.

We should offer them a loan deal, with an option for us to loan him again, and then sign him on a free, with Burnley then allowed an option to loan him back, but we then have an option to recall him from his loan.

The offer would be so confusing it might just get the deal over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back