Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see a loan working here. They would be mad to do that. Didnt Huddersfield do that with Mooy when they got relegated, loaned him to Brighton with the thought they would take him back when they bounced straight back up

A shambles would be paying the money immediately when we can’t afford it, we’re at least trying to make a deal work to suit us instead of bowing down like in recent years

This. There is a middle course between spending only 1.5m like last summer, and throwing stupid money at the likes of Iwobi and Klassen and the Icelander when we're the only teams in on them.

Identifying players within reach and bargaining with their clubs to get the best price is what a good DoF is supposed to do. So far I'm cautiously encouraged.

Tark was good business and it got done early.

I'm glad we didn't overspend on Winks, the Big 6 reject is something we've had enough of. Zink didn't fit into that category, he would have been a great addition but we got outbid by Arsenal who are a more attractive proposition.

Broja, Cornet, Gilmour, Vranzxxxk, we need a couple of guys of this stripe but it's too early for panic buys.

There have been a couple of links to older players like Dzeko who we should steer clear of and thankfully they haven't amounted to much.

It will be a failure if we don't bring in at least a defensive midfielder and a creator(s), but a long way to go.

So I tell myself.

But Tarky will have had a few clubs making offers, committed himself to coming here straight away then went on his hols.
Not quite the same scenario. JT clearly wanted to stay in the Prem and obvisouly didn't want to move house for Newcastle or Villa, so all in all it would have been a pretty straight forward deal to have done very early on.

Cornet might be thinking to himself he was playing in the champions league not 5 minutes ago and might prefer going back to the continent if he can, rather than swapping relegated Burnley for almost relegated Everton.

We should offer them a loan deal, with an option for us to loan him again, and then sign him on a free, with Burnley then allowed an option to loan him back, but we then have an option to recall him from his loan.

The offer would be so confusing it might just get the deal over the line.
until our equally confused baffoons accidentally fax all the paperwork to ourselves and we miss the transfer deadline. ?

Not quite the same scenario. JT clearly wanted to stay in the Prem and obvisouly didn't want to move house for Newcastle or Villa, so all in all it would have been a pretty straight forward deal to have done very early on.

Cornet might be thinking to himself he was playing in the champions league not 5 minutes ago and might prefer going back to the continent if he can, rather than swapping relegated Burnley for almost relegated Everton.
With a fairly lowish fee he'll be looking for the best wage. Although he did think he was on loan to Burnley.?

With a fairly lowish fee he'll be looking for the best wage. Although he did think he was on loan to Burnley.?
I heard it was his lifelong dream to sign for Umbro RoversAthleticUnited ever since seeing them win the Ryder Cup in 2037, beating Ferrari 0-0 in the final...

mc.webp

He definitely won't fill that void on his own, he's simply not as good as Richarlison is. If bring in him and another striker though, someone who is a legitimate backup/off-the-bench option, you'd expect a dozen goals at least which makes up for what we've lost.

If we go into the season relying on the likes of Rondon we are neck-deep in poo.

I’d imagine Cornet is as close as we can expect to a like for like replacement in terms of quality.

Couldn’t agree more that if we don’t get a back up striker, we are in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back