Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it would suggest we will pay them when we get the money from Juventus where we have a similar deal in place for Moise Kean.

This way we would free up the Richarlison money for other parts of the squad.
Mmmm but only this clown club are stupid enough to agree to such deals. Properly run clubs do it professionally.

On the other, we need physical cash to be able to make payments for transfers - that's never really been a problem before under Moshiri but it would appear that this summer we are operating on a reduced budget and we have a very finite amount of cash available to make "up front" payments on transfer deals.
It's the same as last season though, we had no money, we managed to sign Myko & Patterson in winter window because of Digne sale but apparently this season despite getting 50mil for Richi we have no money yet again ?

No matter how you look at it, we should all be worried, if we don't have any money to buy players

Well if you’re Burnley you get an extra 7million on top of his release clause and if they don’t get promoted and the parachute payment reduces by 10% on yr 2, it won’t hurt to have 20m incoming.
There is no way we have bid 25 million and why would we when his release clause is 17 million, now if I'm wrong and we have bid 7 million over the actual price then wow and just wow. And we wonder why we are in the sh.. Er mire

There is no way we have bid 25 million and why would we when his release clause is 17 million, now if I'm wrong and we have bid 7 million over the actual price then wow and just wow. And we wonder why we are in the sh.. Er mire
We would do that because it cash matches off the Moise Kean deal and sidesteps the PL spending rules, allows us to bring in a player this year and pay next, replaces Richarlison and preserves this years budget for where it is needed.

We would do that because it cash matches off the Moise Kean deal and sidesteps the PL spending rules, allows us to bring in a player this year and pay next, replaces Richarlison and preserves this years budget for where it is needed.
Why cash match, meet his clause and save 7 million in the process for next year.

There continues to be a misconception about the way the majority of release clauses operate.
They are usually an agreement between the club and player that as long as a bid matching the release close is offered the player can leave. However if more than one club is willing to match the clause it then comes down to a traditional auction for the players services with the selling club fully entitled to sell to the highest bidder.
A release clause is an agreed minimum price not a guaranteed highest price.

Then we don’t have enough left over to buy more than 1 additional player this year.
You clearly no more than me, its imploding my head all this. Don't know why we can't go abroad and tag cheap deals in France for upcoming talent, plenty about for less than 15 million. Couldn't we get 4 or 5 spread across payments. Even if 2 turn out a success its money in the bank. Feel we are wasting our time and money trying to buy from England especially in our predicament.

There continues to be a misconception about the way the majority of release clauses operate.
They are usually an agreement between the club and player that as long as a bid matching the release close is offered the player can leave. However if more than one club is willing to match the clause it then comes down to a traditional auction for the players services with the selling club fully entitled to sell to the highest bidder.
A release clause is an agreed minimum price not a guaranteed highest price.

Mate, you're forgetting that any club hitting the release clause has to have their bid accepted regardless of any higher bids.

As such I can't ever remember a team bidding more than it as it has zero benefits in a 'auction' scenario

You clearly no more than me, its imploding my head all this. Don't know why we can't go abroad and tag cheap deals in France for upcoming talent, plenty about for less than 15 million. Couldn't we get 4 or 5 spread across payments. Even if 2 turn out a success its money in the bank. Feel we are wasting our time and money trying to buy from England especially in our predicament.
I think it’s a good idea to try what they are trying but you’re right in that we could waste time trying to make it work.

We probably have enough money for two good signings and then it’s loans or a free transfer.

If we want another permanent signing then they will have to find someone who will agree to some now, the rest later. I wouldn’t be surprised if Burnley eventually crack agree to a version of this, especially if the player wants to come to Everton.

Mate, you're forgetting that any club hitting the release clause has to have their bid accepted regardless of any higher bids.

As such I can't ever remember a team bidding more than it as it has zero benefits in a 'auction' scenario
Probably right, although I think there are a variety of ways a release clause can be adapted to suit player and the club.
In the case of multiple offers I still think the selling club will prefer to deal with one that offers a higher price.
However if that is the case it has to be presumed that no club currently values the player at £17m up front hence the apparent offer of backloaded sweeteners.

Deffo. Didn’t Leeds get Raphinha from Rennes or somewhere for well under £20m? Top scouting that was, he kept them up basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back