M'Baye Niang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say we had to sign a striker.

The mirror are quoting 2 million mate. It's hard to buy a first teamer for that money. Not impossible by any means but hard.

If we're going to buy a squad player our options are threefold a) a prodigy too young now but who may be ready to start later b) a journeyman who simply isn't good enough to start anywhere so will happily sit on our bench or c) past it but still talented old pro looking for one last pay day. a) is the best option for me.

And it's not like he's never played football before, he was a regular in a french top flight team. He could probably do a job if we need him. And in two or three years time it would be nice to have a guy ready to start already at the club rather than having to spend much more on him then.

The mirror are quoting 2 million mate. It's hard to buy a first teamer for that money. Not impossible by any means but hard.

If we're going to buy a squad player our options are threefold a) a prodigy too young now but who may be ready to start later b) a journeyman who simply isn't good enough to start anywhere so will happily sit on our bench or c) past it but still talented old pro looking for one last pay day. a) is the best option for me.

And it's not like he's never played football before, he was a regular in a french top flight team. He could probably do a job if we need him. And in two or three years time it would be nice to have a guy ready to start already at the club rather than having to spend much more on him then.

Still not excited

I don't believe the Mirror, I just can't really. I think they're just making it up because there's no consequences for doing so beyond increased traffic.

I don't believe the Mirror, I just can't really. I think they're just making it up because there's no consequences for doing so beyond increased traffic.
I don't see how it's dropped from £6m to £2m as well? Unless that's what we are going to offer upfront...I'm so lost, hopefully something does come out of it like

Still not excited

Fair enough. I think it's the right sort of buy in the same way I thought Coleman, Gueye, Vellios, Gosling, Mclaughan, mustafi, bidwell, jukebox, that weird azerbajani kid, joao silva, weir, vidarsson etc were the right sort of buys.

It often doesn't work but I'd rather we go for these players early then be talking about them in ten years time when he's scoring 50 a season in spain.

I don't see how it's dropped from £6m to £2m as well? Unless that's what we are going to offer upfront...I'm so lost, hopefully something does come out of it like

I think whoever signs him will pay something like £2m with the £6m merely being an estimated valuation of all the add-ons. Which would be necessary really for someone who's more potential than proven.

Fair enough. I think it's the right sort of buy in the same way I thought Coleman, Gueye, Vellios, Gosling, Mclaughan, mustafi, bidwell, jukebox, that weird azerbajani kid, joao silva, weir, vidarsson etc were the right sort of buys.

It often doesn't work but I'd rather we go for these players early then be talking about them in ten years time when he's scoring 50 a season in spain.

If we signed Niang and hadn't signed Mirallas or another immediately exciting player then I'd be less arsed. But having someone so highly sought after on the books is always exciting. Like Ross.

Although Ross doesn't play... he's still exciting.

His hair reminds me of an Angry Bird, I thought he was off to AC though? Hope either us or AC and confirm what is happening soon to just end all this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back