McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Dane

Player Valuation: £15m
Now before every one screams at the mods to get this thread deleted, allow me to be joyous at the fact that for the first time my fave player (not in a EFC shirt) James McCarthy is linked with us as a possible replacement for Fellaini.

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/19/ld-everton-james-mccarthy-to-replace-marouane-fellaini/?

Gibson and McCarthy for an all Irish central midfield would be ****ing awesome!

And to be honest I have no idea about the credibility of the site, I do suspect it is as bad as everyone else.

Now before every one screams at the mods to get this thread deleted, allow me to be joyous at the fact that for the first time my fave player (not in a EFC shirt) James McCarthy is linked with us as a possible replacement for Fellaini.

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/19/ld-everton-james-mccarthy-to-replace-marouane-fellaini/?

Gibson and McCarthy for an all Irish central midfield would be ****ing awesome!

And to be honest I have no idea about the credibility of the site, I do suspect it is as bad as everyone else.

I've always liked McCarthy, he's a good little player.

Don't know if he would replace Fellaini as such but I'd certainly like to see him in our starting XI.

Wee [Poor language removed]. Cracking player but he chose Ireland over Scotland so he can [Poor language removed] right off.

If Fellaini is leaving, we should keep it quiet and bring someone like this in before he leaves, as it gives us a better bargaining position. Once Felli leaves, a £5m player becomes a £10m player.

That said, I don't think it's certain Fellaini is leaving yet. If we pick up anything less than six points over the next three games, I think there's an outside chance we may admit defeat in the chase for fourth and look for the giant fee in January. But my bet is a summer sale.

If Fellaini is leaving, we should keep it quiet and bring someone like this in before he leaves, as it gives us a better bargaining position. Once Felli leaves, a £5m player becomes a £10m player.

That said, I don't think it's certain Fellaini is leaving yet. If we pick up anything less than six points over the next three games, I think there's an outside chance we may admit defeat in the chase for fourth and look for the giant fee in January. But my bet is a summer sale.
I very much agree with this. McCarthy would be my choice for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.