McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this kid, very very good player.

But would not be cheap. Wigan do well with fee's received, and they once rated him at £20 million.

Not saying he would cost that, but more towards the £10 million mark.

If we got Vadis & McCarthy for not even half the Fellaini fee, then I would be very very happy.

If Fellaini is leaving, we should keep it quiet and bring someone like this in before he leaves, as it gives us a better bargaining position. Once Felli leaves, a £5m player becomes a £10m player.

That said, I don't think it's certain Fellaini is leaving yet. If we pick up anything less than six points over the next three games, I think there's an outside chance we may admit defeat in the chase for fourth and look for the giant fee in January. But my bet is a summer sale.

I very much agree with this. McCarthy would be my choice for a replacement.

Kind of agree with the basic premise , basically that I'm not sure we're sure we are selling felliani so how much will we have to spend and the like or whatever. So we might have an interest but would it be anymore than that at this stage ? I really don't think we'll be selling him in January though but I could obviously be wrong.

McCarthy looks like he could be a good player but he's still young and definitely not a fellaini replacement as things stand. We have a felli replacement for the 'behind the striker' position in barkley IMO whether he'll be picked is another question. McCarthy would be a decent addition to the squad though.

coming from a irish efc fan this lad is a great footballer.ive watched him from a early age playing youth internationals to current day..be a great coup if we did get him.him and butland and the two french lads we have been linked with not a bad bit of business...

We'll find it hard to 'replace' Fellaini but he is a decent player, but ive seen £10m quoted in newspapers, i really wouldnt spend £10m on him. To be fair, if we sold Fellaini for big big money, id want a big money signing coming in. Another young and upcoming prospect that we can develop, someone like Isco.

If we replace Fellaini with James Bloody McCarthey I will be absolutely fuming.

There's people in another thread on here laughing at Liverpool about to buy Thomas Ince.

Well this is a worse idea in my opinion.

And on a side note, we don't play Fellaini as a midfielder so why would we replace him with one?

And on another side more, we very rarely sign people we have been linked with in the media. It's usually out of the blue names like Mirallas that nobody had thought of.

Reactions: FTY
If we replace Fellaini with James Bloody McCarthey I will be absolutely fuming.

There's people in another thread on here laughing at Liverpool about to buy Thomas Ince.

Well this is a worse idea in my opinion.

And on a side note, we don't play Fellaini as a midfielder so why would we replace him with one?

And on another side more, we very rarely sign people we have been linked with in the media. It's usually out of the blue names like Mirallas that nobody had thought of.

same, nothing against the mccarthy lid, he looks decent. but fellaini is one of a kind, he is something really special so i would hope with £30 million estimate we would be able to bring in something better than a wigan midfielder. Newcastle managed to attract ben arfa and cabaye, spurs can attract the french captain, vertonghan and the ilk, we need to be buying a £15m-20m special player as a replacement then spend the rest on a couple of squad fillers/bargains.

felli is a massive presence - every opposition knows about him now, mccarthy will never be that kind of player

Fellaini wont be replaced in the short term.But i reckon McCarthy would be a damn good signing.Just dont think of him as a replacement.Fellaini's boots to massive to fill.

Now before every one screams at the mods to get this thread deleted, allow me to be joyous at the fact that for the first time my fave player (not in a EFC shirt) James McCarthy is linked with us as a possible replacement for Fellaini.

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/12/19/ld-everton-james-mccarthy-to-replace-marouane-fellaini/?

Gibson and McCarthy for an all Irish central midfield would be ****ing awesome!

And to be honest I have no idea about the credibility of the site, I do suspect it is as bad as everyone else.
Would be a great replacement for Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back