McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be a small time replacement providing moyes gets around £30 mil to spend should Felli leave (hope to god not) then realisitically we need to bring in a CM position alongside gibbo and a CAM position behind jelly, would spend £15 mil on a top class CAM, £10 mil on a tough tackling CM capoule or banega would be great, and the remaining £5 mil + cash from hetinga for a top class CB alongside Jags

Cloning hasn't been perfected as regards footballers as yet.If Fellaini leave it probably won't be possible to replace him with a like for like player.
Instead we will sign a new player who will bring a different set of skills to the team.So, if Fellaini leave and McCarthy or somebody else arrives it will mean that our style and formation will change slightly.

Remember the hysteria when Lescott and Arteta left.The majority predicted a period of decline towards a relegation struggle.
Instead we now have possibly our strongest team and we certainly are watching the best football in the last ten years.

When Fellaini leave(I don't want it to happen but am 100% convinced it will in the summer) that will give the manager a good deal of money to invest(if he stays).

I don't know much about the lid but he'd almost definitely be an enormous step down in class from Mo.

I like that he's young and won't demand outrageous wedge, like.

It'd depress me though. If we sell Fellaini, I'd like us to make more of a statement of intent.

EDIT: I should add I'm very rarely disappointed with Moyes' transfer dealings and I'm almost certain if Fellaini does go we WILL come out guns blazing in the transfer market so I cannot see this happening for the life of me.

Lalanna and Macker and your looking at close to replacing Mofro.

Macker will end up at CL club for my money, prob not getting a game.

Incidently, neither Gibbo or Macker can get starts with Glen Whealan and Andrews

We should sign a creative number 10 to replace Fellaini, as well as a deep lying playmaker like Biglia, so for the 10 id say Sessegnon.

I like McCarthy but he doesn't seem like a Fellaini type of player although I'm not sure there are many other players like Felli.

McCarthy is young and I really do thing he is going to be a great player one day.At the moment I don't think he could have the same influence on us as fellaini.

McCarthy, a Fellaini replacement?

I can't believe people on here are actually considering this as a real possibility. I went to a few Wigan games last season and McCarthy is one of the biggest ****houses in the league. He's not even fit to lace Phil Neville's boots let alone our best player.

He's a player that'll look good on Match of the day's highlight reel like Charlie Adam. But, after watching him consistently there's no way I'd want him anywhere near Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back