Media relishing Everton’s demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us. I recall the worst day of my life as a child. I was in primary school and my best mate at

I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us.

I recall the worst day of my life as a young fan. I was in primary school and my best mates dad, a red, informed me that they had just signed Peter Beardsley while he is giving us a lift to school. I just sat I the back seat, biting my lip and holding back the tears. We always have to sell our best players I recall thinking. But I never held a grudge about it.

After all, at least I was the only Newcastle fan at School and as opposed to being the only Man Utd fan, most lads just felt sorry for my [Poor language removed] team whereas the Manc got bullied quite a lot, and had a [Poor language removed] team.

I recall when even Tranmere were technically a better team than NUFC. However, none of this mattered to me, I was born a Toon fan and I shall die one, irrespective of success.

I kinda resigned myself to the possibility that that I would never see NUFC win anything significant back in mid early 20's.

Anyway, I digress, I will explain why some Geordies don't like you guys. It is quite simple. You lord your non-recent success over others. Statements such as "biggest team to ever get relegated (which hasn't even happened)" Is somewhat disrespectfull to others, for example N. Forest or even Man Utd last time they went down).

Some NUFC fans also consider you to be the "Mackems of Merseyside" - I won't bother to explain that further as those that get it will understand.

I do agree though that in general aside from the odd clown we are "generally nice people" as are you guys and gals.
You hate us because we hate you.. your a small club with no history… won nothing for 50 odd years yet get called a bigger club then 9 time league winners Everton. West Ham the same

Apologies, pissd up rant but basically true, not sure how I screwed up the
What do you mean mate “we lord our non-recent success over others”
Everton as a club has a very proud fan base that takes any criticism towards its club personally. Our club has many firsts which I can’t be bothered listing. We also have to be one of the most unlucky clubs ever. Our fans are sick of the injustices time after time.
You try living in a shared city with a disgusting football club that cost you being a top club in Europe through events that were no fault of there own.
On that scale what has Sunderland ever done to you?
The biggest club going down? Did any Evertonian say that ffs? Spitty from the pit came out with that one. Talk to sky about that if it upsets you
I tell you this much I don’t disrespect any club
We tend to say things how they are and straight to the point. That gets you into trouble mostly but so be it
Your statement about us being Mackems is pathetic
Anyway I have a good few geordie mates and they have no idea why there is this hatred. More from Newcastle than from us by the way.
Maybe it’s just social media idiots i don’t know
Anyway have a good day
I didnt say Sunderland ever did anything to me. I merely point out that some Geordies see you as the Mackems of Merseyside. I didn't say I agreed with it.

I do enjoy the statement "Anyway I have a good few geordie mates and they have no idea why there is this hatred. More from Newcastle than from us by the way" - isn't that a contradiction?

"Everton as a club has a very proud fan base that takes any criticism towards its club personally. Our club has many firsts which I can’t be bothered listing. We also have to be one of the most unlucky clubs ever. Our fans are sick of the injustices time after time."

Aside from the obvious "we got banned from Europe (as did all other english clubs) list the other things that make you "one of the most unlucky clubs ever"

I don't think I've ever gloated about our very long non recent success over anyone and i don't think I've met an Evertonian who has either. It's not something to lord over as you put it.

Though I guess it's why I've always called Newcastle fans the Kopites of the North as well for their constant delusion.

But that's rivalry for you Geordie John, you support your club and we support ours and ots only right you want to defend your club just like we defend ours.
Agreed! I didn't say you personally said anything at all. Well not prior to "constant delusion" anyway. But you do have fans that say exactly what I described above. As do we unfortunately. As you said it is just rivalry really and each to their own.

Personally I wanna see Spurs go down but I guess I am deluded.

I didnt say Sunderland ever did anything to me. I merely point out that some Geordies see you as the Mackems of Merseyside. I didn't say I agreed with it.

I do enjoy the statement "Anyway I have a good few geordie mates and they have no idea why there is this hatred. More from Newcastle than from us by the way" - isn't that a contradiction?

"Everton as a club has a very proud fan base that takes any criticism towards its club personally. Our club has many firsts which I can’t be bothered listing. We also have to be one of the most unlucky clubs ever. Our fans are sick of the injustices time after time."

Aside from the obvious "we got banned from Europe (as did all other english clubs) list the other things that make you "one of the most unlucky clubs ever
Yes all clubs did but not all were champions and arguably the best team in Europe were they.
The contradiction as you call it is I’m talking about social media comments. They are not on Twitter mate and are not aware of some of bile that’s being spewed. That is what I meant

Agreed! I didn't say you personally said anything at all. Well not prior to "constant delusion" anyway. But you do have fans that say exactly what I described above. As do we unfortunately. As you said it is just rivalry really and each to their own.

Oh I know you didn't say I personally said it John, I was just talking generally that I don't find any Everton fans gloating about anything as we are acutely aware of hiw much we have failed/under achieved for the best part of 25 years.

Spurs is a strange one, for me personally it will always be the rs, Newcastle and Villa for my top 3 who I'd love to see relegated closely followed by Leeds. But then I barely like any team but Everton so I'd like everyone relegated so don't take offence that I have Newcastle in my top 3 John ;)

Aside from the obvious "we got banned from Europe (as did all other english clubs) list the other things that make you "one of the most unlucky clubs ever"
champions when two world wars occurred that kind of stopped a bit of a run going, add that to the Euro ban because of the lovable that kinda put the dampers on arguably our best ever side.

You're boring, you may be a barcode but you come across exactly the same as the kopite biffs.

Congratulations, you are only the 4th person I have deployed the ignore button on, I shall bid you a good evening,

I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us. I recall the worst day of my life as a child. I was in primary school and my best mate at

I feel the need to respond to that. I am a Geordie that grew up on the Wirral back in the days when you and the reds won everything and I agree Everton have been far more successful than us.

I recall the worst day of my life as a young fan. I was in primary school and my best mates dad, a red, informed me that they had just signed Peter Beardsley while he is giving us a lift to school. I just sat I the back seat, biting my lip and holding back the tears. We always have to sell our best players I recall thinking. But I never held a grudge about it.

After all, at least I was the only Newcastle fan at School and as opposed to being the only Man Utd fan, most lads just felt sorry for my [Poor language removed] team whereas the Manc got bullied quite a lot, and had a [Poor language removed] team.

I recall when even Tranmere were technically a better team than NUFC. However, none of this mattered to me, I was born a Toon fan and I shall die one, irrespective of success.

I kinda resigned myself to the possibility that that I would never see NUFC win anything significant back in mid early 20's.

Anyway, I digress, I will explain why some Geordies don't like you guys. It is quite simple. You lord your non-recent success over others. Statements such as "biggest team to ever get relegated (which hasn't even happened)" Is somewhat disrespectfull to others, for example N. Forest or even Man Utd last time they went down).

Some NUFC fans also consider you to be the "Mackems of Merseyside" - I won't bother to explain that further as those that get it will understand.

I do agree though that in general aside from the odd clown we are "generally nice people" as are you guys and gals.
Don't believe what I'm reading. The Mackems of merseyside? Newcastle are one club in a city. How far away are you nearest rivals Sunderland, 15, 20 miles? We live less than a mile from arguably the most successful team in british football history and we fill our stadium week in week out and also have one of the best away supports in the league. That's a big club for you. The 4th or 5th most successful clubs in English football. Yes we've fallen on hard times recently but still massive. Who knows a successful we'd have been had we not been banned from Europe in the 80s. Newcastle, Sunderland. Don't make me laugh.

champions when two world wars occurred that kind of stopped a bit of a run going, add that to the Euro ban because of the lovable that kinda put the dampers on arguably our best ever side.

You're boring, you may be a barcode but you come across exactly the same as the kopite biffs.

Congratulations, you are only the 4th person I have deployed the ignore button on, I shall bid you a good evening,
He’s got a strong whiff of rs this supposed “geordie” - the Heysel comment about all clubs getting banned screams kopite.

As arch stanton said, your posts are long winded and boring, many, many words, without really saying anything at all.

You've done extremely well over the last 8 weeks or so and that 100% has to be recognised but for me you'll never truly be an elite club, its been said over and over but I think there's just no genuine appeal attached to living up there.

There's 3 major social hubs in the uk, manchester/Liverpool, birmingham/Midlands and of course London, I'd wager any true world level players are just never going to want to live in newcastle.

You'll obviously improve over the coming years but you've got a very clear ceiling imo, all this being said I hope you look at how we have spent money over the last few years and don't make the same mistakes

Bests

Status
Not open for further replies.