Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

0C in the East Midlands and thick snow falling. My wife will still want to go for a drive, thank god for Range Rovers……
14C here would you believe. Amazing really.

Just been into Falmouth to stock up on Iceland supplies. very mild if a bit wet and windy. On the bus back, met a little old dear who'd forgotten her glasses. She asked for help in finding a a pubic pathway down to Maenporth beach from where she was going to take the coastal path back to Falmouth. The walk to Maenporth is one of my favourites through a wooded valley, so I was able to get into my knight in shining armour routine and save the day for her. My belated contribution to International ladies day ;).

Actually, the walk she was about to undertake would put me to shame, about 6/7 miles I estimate and full of climbs and descents. I doubt she'd get back before dark. We were getting along splendidly until I discovered she was a RS supporter. God the buggers get everywherelol

Morning all, currently 1C and snowing, everywhere just wet and slushy. Our airfryer which we’d had for years, long before they were fashionable gave up the ghost yesterday. Unfortunately for Mr G. this was after he had spent an afternoon cleaning the basket! I have decided to treat myself to an all singing, all dancing replacement, my only worry is will I be able to understand the instructions lol Have a good day, all.💙
I'm planning to get an air fryer off amazon soon I think. Never had one before though

Hope all is well , my daughters birthday she turns 24 , I was a late starter :) but she helps keep me young (at heart at least)

Fred do tell what is this posh sausage you talk of, is it just expensive

Do you remember Barry Crocket,
Not really posh, just ordinary pork sausage, but they aren't cheap either. I get them from my local shop. They use the same butcher that supplies sausages to Rick Stein, and sometimes the shop has "Rick Stein's" sausage (a special recipe that the butcher does for him). I've had them a couple of times and I think that's when I christened them posh. TBH I prefer the ones I normally get.

Barry Crocket was a good mate of mine and my brother Paul. He still is tbf and I usually meet up with him for a night out whenever I'm back in Liverpool. In fact, I was just about to message him to tell him I'll be up in a couple of weeks. What made you ask?

Yes, sir. Been on the Isle of Man for 13 years, now.

Lovely the vast majority of the time, but a sprinkling of snow and the whole place shuts down instantly.
Very fond memories of holidaying in Douglas a few times as a child. Well, I say memories but all I really remember is staying in a chalet, long walks, burning my toe on an electric fire and eating fish and chips every night.

Very fond memories of holidaying in Douglas a few times as a child. Well, I say memories but all I really remember is staying in a chalet, long walks, burning my toe on an electric fire and eating fish and chips every night.
Went to Douglas for a week in August 82 with a couple of mates. We had a mate who was working in the bank over there.

There were 3 Dublin girls staying in the same Boarding House as us. Boy they knew how to party. One of my best pre Cal holidays.

Went to Douglas for a week in August 82 with a couple of mates. We had a mate who was working in the bank over there.

There were 3 Dublin girls staying in the same Boarding House as us. Boy they knew how to party. One of my best pre Cal holidays.
I’m guessing I was there maybe 85/86 so not too far apart from yourself.

Yeah, Dublin on tour can be fun. We all can 😉

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back