Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning guys. Early get up by my standards. All ablutions completed and case packed. Just about to make a bacon and egg barm for breakfast ready to be picked up at 9.30 to go to the airport. Last minute hitch in that my mate who was picking me up has been called into a meeting tomorrow afternoon, so I need to make my own way to Waterloo (not Southport) Trains seem pretty regular but I expect to be standing when I switch to the Liverpool train. It's going to be a real trains planes and automobile day. lol The wind's picked up again down here so that should make the take off interesting.

All being well Blue should have arrived back in Finland late last night so wouldn't be surprised to see a string of posts from him later on.

Have a great weekend guys.
bon voyage

A club mate of mine is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic. Still a young man, late 20s, from a solid family background.

Straight A student and All-Ireland winner at the football. World at his feet then a tragic life event caused him to try drugs. Cocaine was his first love of his life he admits. Yeah there is family love and love of a girlfriend/boyfriend but this was his first real love (his words).

At his lowest ebb he ran away to Australia to try and prevent shame on his family. Within a few months and after a particularly heavy binge he talks of a higher power taking over and giving him the strength to tell his parents. They took him home and got him into rehab where he stayed for 20 weeks.

2 years on he is giving talks to other football clubs in the county about his life and how easy things will go wrong with drugs.

I listened into his talk tonight to a group of teenagers and he is just a naturally gifted orator. I feel a foot taller after just listening to the lad speak.
That is so good. Well done for the young man for sorting himself out. Drugs and, to be honest, alcohol are a curse. I've represented so many union members who were/ are alcoholics. They've lost their homes, jobs, families and in one or two cases their lives. All inherently good people but addicted to alcohol.

Morning guys. Early get up by my standards. All ablutions completed and case packed. Just about to make a bacon and egg barm for breakfast ready to be picked up at 9.30 to go to the airport. Last minute hitch in that my mate who was picking me up has been called into a meeting tomorrow afternoon, so I need to make my own way to Waterloo (not Southport) Trains seem pretty regular but I expect to be standing when I switch to the Liverpool train. It's going to be a real trains planes and automobile day. lol The wind's picked up again down here so that should make the take off interesting.

All being well Blue should have arrived back in Finland late last night so wouldn't be surprised to see a string of posts from him later on.

Have a great trip.

Have fun! :)

ECF07071-E411-4802-BF66-DD8219C52104.jpeg
Evening from Krakow. Nice warm day today, 21c and sun. When I booked a trip to Poland in March, I didn’t think I’d end up worrying about sunburn on my balding bonce, but hey, it’s nice. Have a good weekend everyone. I’m off to a gin bar in a bit. Hope I survive

Edit: I realise the sun is not shining in this pic, but it was before I swear lol

View attachment 207273
Evening from Krakow. Nice warm day today, 21c and sun. When I booked a trip to Poland in March, I didn’t think I’d end up worrying about sunburn on my balding bonce, but hey, it’s nice. Have a good weekend everyone. I’m off to a gin bar in a bit. Hope I survive

Edit: I realise the sun is not shining in this pic, but it was before I swear lol
Have a brill time

Is it still grab a granny at the Grafton? Just asking for a former England record goalscorer
He'll have his work cut out tonight Jazz😀

Wouldn't want to be a young lad on the town tonight.

Just at South Parkway waiting on the final leg of my journey. Could literally murder a pint now.

The old tackle is still in one piece in case anybody was worried😀

View attachment 207273

Enjoy

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back