Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hello everybody. I'm.back in the North East for the weekend and back to Liverpool on Tuesday. Fortunately I can get up to 3 weeks bereavement leave being a close relative involved in the funeral planning. We saw the undertaker today so all that's done. We are just waiting for a date now. We've contacted loads of organisations and applied for the death certificates.
OCD to the end my Dad appeared to have divided his jars of £1 coins according to nationality. All the ones with Scottish thistles on the back were in separate jars to the others! We've counted about £500 in £1 and £2 coins.
In other news son has come up for the weekend which is nice.

Hello everybody. I'm.back in the North East for the weekend and back to Liverpool on Tuesday. Fortunately I can get up to 3 weeks bereavement leave being a close relative involved in the funeral planning. We saw the undertaker today so all that's done. We are just waiting for a date now. We've contacted loads of organisations and applied for the death certificates.
OCD to the end my Dad appeared to have divided his jars of £1 coins according to nationality. All the ones with Scottish thistles on the back were in separate jars to the others! We've counted about £500 in £1 and £2 coins.

There’s loads on the web to help you through all of the steps. This isn’t very detailed but it covers the main issues…

Glad you are getting things sorted and your Dad helped by doing the coins for you lol. Enjoy your time with your son.

Ok , off shopping with Mrs J or more accurately changing shopping.

So, a bit of a sad story 5 years to the day her beloved sister died of pancreatic cancer - she was only 58 and died within a month of the diagnosis.

A few months prior to that Mrs J had retired due to ill health ( her 2nd open heart surgery ) and to celebrate her not so ill gotten gains she was taking all her sisters to Rhodes in May 2018 as her treat.

Obviously the trip didnt take place but instead they are going Monday week to the same hotel etc , I guess its going to be cathartic and poignant. Leaves me in charge of mum , all the animals and the house but that's ok , what can possibly go wrong?

Anyway she went out with older sister to buy some holiday stuff . Brings it back and tries it on and asks my opinion . Well , as a lawyer I can't lie can I ? lol

"Yes unfotunately I agree with you , I hate it when you don't go shopping with me !" she said. Which is kinda nice . So, we are toddling off to town shortly , wish me luck!

Ok , off shopping with Mrs J or more accurately changing shopping.

So, a bit of a sad story 5 years to the day her beloved sister died of pancreatic cancer - she was only 58 and died within a month of the diagnosis.

A few months prior to that Mrs J had retired due to ill health ( her 2nd open heart surgery ) and to celebrate her not so ill gotten gains she was taking all her sisters to Rhodes in May 2018 as her treat.

Obviously the trip didnt take place but instead they are going Monday week to the same hotel etc , I guess its going to be cathartic and poignant. Leaves me in charge of mum , all the animals and the house but that's ok , what can possibly go wrong?

Anyway she went out with older sister to buy some holiday stuff . Brings it back and tries it on and asks my opinion . Well , as a lawyer I can't lie can I ? lol

"Yes unfotunately I agree with you , I hate it when you don't go shopping with me !" she said. Which is kinda nice . So, we are toddling off to town shortly , wish me luck!
You're a good 'un. I hope Mrs J treats you to a nice lunch while you're out!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back