Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

God that’s amazing stuff to remember!

A lad in my school had grown up in Ghana (born in Ireland and parents had a spell in Africa for work) and we were fascinated with his stories. He was about 13 or so when he joined us and regaled us with tales of snakes and other exotic beasties.

He had a dead strange accent 😀
We had a boy in our class at junior school whose family had returned to the UK from Tanganikiya, now Tanzania. He also had a rather exotic accent, even the teacher had trouble understanding him at times.

Hi folks!

Real quick, I've been having problems accessing GOT on my laptop the past 2 days. I just posted that in the help forum. Not sure how long I'll be on til this page freezes on me. (fingers crossed)

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, so maybe it is fixed.

Have a great day if I can't make it back on today! lol

Hi folks!

Real quick, I've been having problems accessing GOT on my laptop the past 2 days. I just posted that in the help forum. Not sure how long I'll be on til this page freezes on me. (fingers crossed)

Hello. V Are you there? V. Are you getting this? V? Guess not.

Hi Jazzy and the gang, sorry not been on here for a while just not been as chatty as normal.
Long story short, my mum died in the early hours of Saturday morning she'd been ill for a little while and I was working up here in Scotland and travelling down most weekends to support my brother who'd been caring for her then visiting her in hospital then a care home.
I'm okay if a little tired, I am fortunate to have good family and friends supporting my brother and I.
I was fortunately down for a scheduled visit to watch the match with my granddaughter at the weekend when my mum took a turn for the worse.
I hope you're all well and I shall pop in on a more frequent basis again now
I'm very sorry to hear your Mum has passed. I'll pray for you and your family. We are all here for you if you need anything. 💙💙 💙

Hi folks!

My app has been freezing. If I log on via the website it's OK

lol

Dandelions sadly still here. Had to use a high cut so the mower missed most of them. For all I know, Forget me Nots are essentially a weed as well, but they do look pretty. Getting the hanging baskets sorted tomorrow, and probably some ground pots as well. Nikki and I always enjoyed having a wild and natural "garden", so getting it back to that state was lovely last spring, and equally so this spring. Be interesting to see which, if any, meadow flowers and grasses I planted last year will return.
My small, wildflower meadow is dominated by the blues ( Viper’s Bugloss) and whites ( Gowans/ Ox eye daisy), so I’m going to take a swathe through the Gowans and sow some different wildflowers seeds there. The Vipers are great, the bees love them , took me years to establish them , now they rampage onto any bare ground available, super blue flowers make up for it though !

Wish I was a cat. The bugger came in this morning, (farm cat), brekkie, then 9 hours kip upstairs on the bed. Came down at 5.00. Tea, a sniff around the garden, now, fast asleep in front of the log burner. Most likely hoping its "Steak Night". See Scrubs. It isnt.
Our two kittens are now 5 months old and are still as wild and mischievous as ever , a couple of crazy ladies. Both due their ops next week , then about ten days after we can finally let them out. The neighbours have been warned 😳

Feel quite chuffed today. Mowed the back and front meadow/orchard, the first time since the apple trees were given a #2 "prune", letting light into the ground. Tons of wild Forget me Nots, and the beginnings of a Bluebell display all preserved. And in the front, several self seeding clumps of Pansies. It all looks so pretty, and also just natural.
God, Meadow/Orchard ! where the hell you live, A castle/Palace 😲
( I have enough trouble with a simple garden !!

Good morning all on this clear day again in Finland .I hope all are well and those recently bereaved are managing to cope ,I hope all have a good day today .COYB.
It might be we will see DCL this weekend which I hope is the case ,no point in not using him if he has played 74 mins .He could be the difference for us .
Agreed! If DCL is fit then we must play him.

I am joining the crowd that believe his unavailability is down to a conventional physical injury.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back