Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all.

Brown sauce with bacon butties. It is the law. I'm quite fond of mustard but not as an everyday thing - definitely with sausages or burgers or beef. Ham and mustard sandwiches are a favourite too.

I like to think I've got a good tolerance to spice but all those mustard family ones - like horseradish and wasabi absolutely kill me. I end up with my eyes watering and my nose streaming!

I'm a bit like your friend @Gwladysover I can't abide ketchup and I think it's the gloopy feel of it. Similarly I would rather eat my own head than drink tomato juice for the same reason! Love your pics.

Glad Mrs J is having a good time @jazzy. Enjoy the gym. I answer to your question about 4 former players, and sticking to ones I have seen I would pick Peter Reid, Bob Latchford, Dave Thomas and Joseph Yobo.

My brothers appear to have made up with each other. Not sure how long it will last. it's very sad but as somebody said earlier, bereavements can bring out the worst in people. Number 1 brother's wife and one of his daughters are coming over from Perth tomorrow. I'm going back to Liverpool on Saturday and will be there until after the funeral. My gang are travelling on Monday.

We did find a venue - took your advice @Barnfred 55 and went with Heath Hall. the place we looked at in Childwall wanted £70 an hour just for the room hire. Massive rip off!

i have managed to avoid all things Coronation related but did see a few houses in Liverpool with bunting up - which surprised me a bit.

Have a good day all.
Brown sauce on bacon butties for me too Anj. Also like brown sauce on a full English and with a pie or sausage roll. Ketchup on sausage butties, egg butties and bacon and egg butties. Tartare sauce with battered fish and scampi, and mustard with steaks, roast beef, gammon and ham butties. That's the straightforward stuff. I'd really confuse you if I start explaining when I use my various chilli and BBQ sauces. :) Nowt as strange as folk as they say in some parts of the world.lol

We are a mixed household , Mrs J is notionally catholic and I suppose that I am protestant but in reality neither of us has any interest in religion. No, what I mean is that Mrs J like brown sauce and I can't abide the stuff and have ketchup. However we both like mustard and anything hot and spicy. That said she likes marmite and peanut butter and I hate both. Happy days!
I always assumed marmite was beef extract based. Evidently not.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back