Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

My son cried coming out today because he was so relieved - he’s six. This is what football does to you, for better and for worse.

County Road before the game was phenomenal and the atmosphere during and after was brilliant, but it’s an odd one. Not a celebration…

… pure relief.
I cried at the whistle. Angry at myself literally shaking at kick off but thank God.

Way too stressful this.

What a day!
Watched the first 75 minutes and then listened to the rest on the radio as we drove to the gig. Even Mrs J who hates football was screaming at the radio with 10 minutes injury time. Great goal and I guess that all's well that ends well..

The gig was tremendous. Some Squeeze, a lot of Ruby Turner ( quite simply superb) and so fab jazz and blues . A brilliant gig and we had a great spec.

Think I will sleep well tonight.

Towards the end of the game I was looking at the empty seats in directors box directly opposite where I sit and I couldn’t help but think of Karl and this legacy he left us, he should have been sitting in those seats not the conniving, deceitful lying gobshites who won’t turn up. It’s OUR club and I know he was watching today, god bless him.

Great morning all on this fantastic ,bright ,cheerful,way better than yesterday morning from Finland .I know all slept well and had a great night .I resigned myself to the drop when Leicester went two up and we were going nowhere then that goal.
I still cannot talk I am as hoarse as Dyche must be . No this is not a celebration only relief .Now they must replace and turf out the no goods and let's hope they get hungry young welps niot seasoned grabbers .
I lost ten years of my life in the run up to last night ,today I feel like a young colt .COYB

Hey everyone,

Slept ok but not as long as I thought I would.
When I woke I felt 20 pounds lighter, how the hell does that work?

We said the same thing last season but we simply can't be in this situation again. The last 3 or 4 months have been awful and stressful.

And yet with our financial position and charges hanging over us there is no way that we can spend our way out of this even if we wanted to.

So, we are going to have to sell to buy ( Pickford and Onana, I guess) , get rid of high earners somehow ( Alli, Gomes and Gbamin) and try to cobble together a more balanced squad that guarantees that we stay up until we get to BMD.

Got to be honest, I'm not a Dyche fan but now is not the time to be changing managers yet again.

So, a relaxing summer and forget about football with the exception of some transfer wheeling and dealing.

Off to Kefalonia next week and intend to totally chill.

Another sunny day here so the usual - gym , gardening, look after mum and have a read

Whatever you do have a great day.

Well all booked for my trip to the Scillies. Booked a week from this coming Wednesday and return ferry also booked. It wasn't that cheap but I'm paying for the room which would normally sleep two. It's something I've gotten used to tbh. Just need to book overnight accommodation in Penzance for Tuesday and a week Wednesday. Works out quite well actually. My friend Nicky was coming to see me on Thursday 8th as I'm helping her sort out her will. She lives in Truro so can pick me up at the station and bring me home.

This has all happened very quickly.

Edit. And when I'm in Penzance on Tuesday i can sort out uploading all the apps I need for my phone. Don't yu love it when a plan comes together.
Made up for you Fred. If , fingers crossed, you get good weather then honestly there is no where else that you'd want to be.
St Marys has a great walk up the coast and you can walk around St Martin and Tresco in a day each. The beaches are wonderful .

It is over thank christ for that. We live to fight another day.

I was watching up until Leicester scored then my arse fell out and I switched over until the last 10 minutes. I never want to go through that again.

I hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday now and a couple months away from this life draining club.

Made up for you Fred. If , fingers crossed, you get good weather then honestly there is no where else that you'd want to be.
St Marys has a great walk up the coast and you can walk around St Martin and Tresco in a day each. The beaches are wonderful .
Cheers mate. Just booked the 2 hotels for the overnight stays in Penzance. Weather forecast looks very good with suns across the board and temperatures of 17/18C so perfect. I have 7 days so plenty of time to visit St Martin and Tresco. Really looking forward to The Abbey gardens and some sea swimming on the wonderful beaches. Looks like we'll have some brisk easterlies for Wednesday's crossing which makes it a following wind and should make the crossing a bit easier. Otherwise sick bag it is. ;)

Busy day today. Just put some washing on and need to set up my new phone. Packing won't take long. I assume it's like the rest of Cornwall in that eating out is a very casual affair (i.e shorts and T shirt)

Hey everyone,

Slept ok but not as long as I thought I would.
When I woke I felt 20 pounds lighter, how the hell does that work?

We said the same thing last season but we simply can't be in this situation again. The last 3 or 4 months have been awful and stressful.

And yet with our financial position and charges hanging over us there is no way that we can spend our way out of this even if we wanted to.

So, we are going to have to sell to buy ( Pickford and Onana, I guess) , get rid of high earners somehow ( Alli, Gomes and Gbamin) and try to cobble together a more balanced squad that guarantees that we stay up until we get to BMD.

Got to be honest, I'm not a Dyche fan but now is not the time to be changing managers yet again.

So, a relaxing summer and forget about football with the exception of some transfer wheeling and dealing.

Off to Kefalonia next week and intend to totally chill.

Another sunny day here so the usual - gym , gardening, look after mum and have a read

Whatever you do have a great day.
Hope the weather around the Med improves Jazz. Cornwall is getting better weather at the moment. Plymouth was the hottest part of the UK yesterday. Don't often get to say that during the summer months. Sun was very strong too.

Cheers mate. Just booked the 2 hotels for the overnight stays in Penzance. Weather forecast looks very good with suns across the board and temperatures of 17/18C so perfect. I have 7 days so plenty of time to visit St Martin and Tresco. Really looking forward to The Abbey gardens and some sea swimming on the wonderful beaches. Looks like we'll have some brisk easterlies for Wednesday's crossing which makes it a following wind and should make the crossing a bit easier. Otherwise sick bag it is. ;)

Busy day today. Just put some washing on and need to set up my new phone. Packing won't take long. I assume it's like the rest of Cornwall in that eating out is a very casual affair (i.e shorts and T shirt)
Yes casual except Tresco!

Weather forecast for Kefalonia is fantastic. Full sun 25degress and no lower than 18
Have a great time. My nephew is going to Sicily next week. If he recover's from last night inevitable hangover that is. His last message to me was after 1am and he was still in town celebrating. Whatever happened to Sunday hours? lol

He said it was a very strange atmosphere. A mix of pleasure, relief and anger. I think it could very easily have kicked off if results didn't go our way.

Morning all. So glad that it is all over, I ended yesterday afternoon completely drained and feeling as though I had just given birth. lol Mr G. had a surreal experience at the Band Day. He took a seat at a table occupied by three blokes and it turned out one was a Leicester fan and one from Leeds, the other was RS, you are never far from one are you? Bit like rats. Anyway lots of banter and the Leics/Leeds fans actually said Well Done on staying up, probably through gritted teeth though. 🤣.Bit on edge this week now as have trip to Edinburgh booked and hoping they don’t announce any more rail strikes until after the middle of June.
Have a good day, all💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back