Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

My son cried coming out today because he was so relieved - he’s six. This is what football does to you, for better and for worse.

County Road before the game was phenomenal and the atmosphere during and after was brilliant, but it’s an odd one. Not a celebration…

… pure relief.

I’m really pleased you took him…he’ll remember it for the rest of his life……

I was getting messages from my son all afternoon. He is visiting his girlfriend's parents this weekend. They are West Ham fans who live in Romford. He did not feel that they were taking the situation seriously enough. He then said he had to stop drinking after necking 5 pints in about 45 minutes. His final message was that today has taken years off his life.

I’m really pleased you took him…he’ll remember it for the rest of his life……
It was a difficult one Pete because, as I’ve said previously, I was quite concerned it could become quite toxic if we didn’t survive due to the emotions.

I wanted to shield him from that, but he kept asking to go (he has a ST too) so I relented. I’m glad he did.

I was getting messages from my son all afternoon. He is visiting his girlfriend's parents this weekend. They are West Ham fans who live in Romford. He did not feel that they were taking the situation seriously enough. He then said he had to stop drinking after necking 5 pints in about 45 minutes. His final message was that today has taken years off his life.
I got an email from my nephew who lives in Poland this morning. I was the only Evertononian in the family until he came along (I was a bad influence on him his dad said) and I used to take him to the odd game. He must be in his 40s now. It's nice how us Blue's support each other in these troubled times. I must message my other nephew later (I must have been a bad influence on all my nephews)lol. He got his first season ticket this season so he'll be made up.

It was a difficult one Pete because, as I’ve said previously, I was quite concerned it could become quite toxic if we didn’t survive due to the emotions.

I wanted to shield him from that, but he kept asking to go (he has a ST too) so I relented. I’m glad he did.
TBH Phil when you were talking about it I didn't realise your lad was only 6. Not surprised at your concerns. Anyway, all ends well.

Mr G. also never doubted and said he would put the house on it. Not much of a recommendation - lost count of the times he would have made us homeless over the years.lol
When I looked at the BBC sport site I saw a blog that said Everton are the Premier version of the family member at Christmas who never knows when it's time to go home. They really don't like us do they.

TBH Phil when you were talking about it I didn't realise your lad was only 6. Not surprised at your concerns. Anyway, all ends well.
He’s quite mature and resilient for his age, but the tension in the ground was palatable. When we scored, it went absolutely barmy where we sit.

As Pete said, he will remember this forever hopefully. A bit of gamble though as at HT there was a lot of doom and gloom.

He’s quite mature and resilient for his age, but the tension in the ground was palatable. When we scored, it went absolutely barmy where we sit.

As Pete said, he will remember this forever hopefully. A bit of gamble though as at HT there was a lot of doom and gloom.

He, like the rest of us will only remember the best bits. And he’ll be able to retell today to his mates for years to come ‘I was there’…..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back