Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Situation with our leccy is getting worse and farcical.

Whilst we were away there was a big storm and we lost power for 8 hours.

On Monday there was a bit of rain and distant thunder and lightening and the power goes. Ring up the Electric Company. Oh we've no other listed faults it must be your supply we will send someone but could be sometime

Check with nearest neighbour ( elderly) who is 250 metres away , they've got no power either. Phone back leccy board with phone that's virtually out of charge. "Oh ok well send someone"

12 house later power back on but turns out 19 other villagers without.

Work carries on and 5pm last night goes off. Walk up to the workies. "My powers just gone off"
Reply " yes I've cut the wire so I can work on the cable"
" But now I've got no f...ing power and a 95 yr old mum"
Reply "thought you had a generator!"

Honestly incompetence reigns. By 10pm.we had a generator but those things are so noisy and in hot weather you sleep with all the windows open , so no bloody sleep! Good job mum's deaf!

Dogs get tetchy with the noise and Rosie attacks Tintin who good as gold doesn't retaliate ( he's so big he could batter her) and just cries , God love him.

So Mrs J in 1 room with Rosie , me and Tintin in the other and absolutely no sign of the whole thing getting fixed.

Exasperated Mrs J says last night go get a takeaway so I toddle off to Burscough , both are shut , so stupid me picks up a pizza and beer from Tesco only to remember when driving back that we've no bloody oven.

We've had better days and less heated arguments.

Have a lovely day everyone, we won't!

On Monday there was a bit of rain and distant thunder and lightening and the power goes. Ring up the Electric Company. Oh we've no other listed faults it must be your supply we will send someone but could be sometime

Check with nearest neighbour ( elderly) who is 250 metres away , they've got no power either. Phone back leccy board with phone that's virtually out of charge. "Oh ok well send someone"

Work carries on and 5pm last night goes off. Walk up to the workies. "My powers just gone off"

Honestly incompetence reigns. By 10pm.we had a generator but those things are so noisy and in hot weather you sleep with all the windows open , so no bloody sleep! Good job mum's deaf!

Dogs get tetchy with the noise and Rosie attacks Tintin who good as gold doesn't retaliate ( he's so big he could batter her) and just cries , God love him.

So Mrs J in 1 room with Rosie , me and Tintin in the other and absolutely no sign of the whole thing getting fixed.

Exasperated Mrs J says last night go get a takeaway so I toddle off to Burscough , both are shut , so stupid me picks up a pizza and beer from Tesco only to remember when driving back that we've no bloody oven.

Blimey, what a 'mare. That's awful. Poor you and Mrs J, poor Mum and poor dogs. Do you have a time when this will be resolved? A stern letter to Ofgen and your MP? Hope you get sorted ASAP.

Blimey, what a 'mare. That's awful. Poor you, poor Mum and poor dogs. Do you have a time when this will be resolved? A stern letter to Ofgen and your MP? Hope you get sorted ASAP.
No timescale for a permanent fix.
They now have a big team on site and the road outside is a mess with massive traffic problems , even this early in the morning.
At 10pm the head guy fitted our generator and said it is a mess and all their plans were wrong.
He has identified a number of faults but only knows where one is!
Happy days

They now have a big team on site and the road outside is a mess with massive traffic problems , even this early in the morning.
At 10pm the head guy fitted our generator and said it is a mess and all their plans were wrong.
Happy days
Blissful retirement where all your worries go away .

Happy days

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge…get a grip man…I had a real emergency yesterday when I noticed the barmaid hadn’t topped up my pint properly.

Hope it gets fixed soon…..

Hola mis amigos I’m still here still luthiering and enjoying life here in Spain very very much
I’ve just finished polishing a new guitar and today I’ll string her up and then next week fly back to deliver her to her new owner
I’ve been a bit scared where lately because quite frankly I became a bit disenchanted with Everton over the last few weeks of the season ….. probably longer
But
Confidence is high
Hi n Dyche I trust

Que pasa dude
I hope this all calms down for you soon

So what you're saying is you've got a pizza going spare..?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back