Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this yet another scorcher ,we are expecting 30° here in Hyvinkää. I hope all are well and despite the heat had a good night's sleep .Not much to report here ,my eyes are sore trying to find out if/when Loveable Bill is going .I cannot do much on the Jag as I have decided that the best course of action is to have an MOT test on Monday before I start spending. The car runs lovely and other than the fuel running out on the way home is great but it was cheap and it might have problems underneath .I have used anOBD tool and no codes were found ,still the MOT will tell whether it was a worthwhile investment or not .Have a great day all COYB

30 is just stupidly hot for these isles.

No real rain forecast here until Sunday when I am of course on a football away day 😀. Typical.
Absolutely scorching up here in Scotland and another beautiful morning.
You're right mate, weren't not meant to have this heat, could the big man upstairs not take a few few degrees off us now and add it onto our winter temperature 🙂
Did the same as you last night mate, had a nice walk around the ponds on our housing estate, fed the wildfowl and opened a nice bottle of red.

We continued our musical interlude last night, no Springsteen but somebody equally legendary , Elton John on his farewell tour. As ever a stupendously professional performance with all his old favourites , including of course “ I guess that’s why they call us The Blues” 😉. Age , as with all of us , is clearly catching up with Elton but what an entertainer.
Our 1 hr 15 min drive home at 1030 was magical too, heading North west into a brilliant pink/red sky with enough light to show the hills and fields in outline . It stayed that way and our final 15 mins turning inland , over the hills to the coast was looking right into this beautiful pink sky , sitting above distant hills with the Firth in the foreground. A super end to a great evening.

You're right mate, weren't not meant to have this heat, could the big man upstairs not take a few few degrees off us now and add it onto our winter temperature 🙂
Did the same as you last night mate, had a nice walk around the ponds on our housing estate, fed the wildfowl and opened a nice bottle of red.
sounds perfect that LB

Scorching indeed mate, even the hardy farmers are complaining.

Good morning from Nottingham. It's a beautiful day, glorious sunshine, start of The Ashes and Bruce tonight ( I may have mentioned this previously 🤣). If Carlsberg did Fridays. @jazzy I hope your power situation will let you tune into the cricket in some way.
Funny you mention that Anj.
We are still on a noisy bloody generator but at least we have power so I can watch on TV and charge my radio if I decide to stupidly sit in the sun and listen to TMS.
No idea when it will be fixed.
Got up at 6 am and did 3 hours on the hard landscape of the jungle ( lifting and moving flagstones to create planting areas.) Man it was hot even then. No need for the gym today.
Mrs J has her list of plants and I I'll do what she does best.
Just 15 minutes to go to the 1st ball
Edit , enjoy the boss

Funny you mention that Anj.
We are still on a noisy bloody generator but at least we have power so I can watch on TV and charge my radio if I decide to stupidly sit in the sun and listen to TMS.
No idea when it will be fixed.
Got up at 6 am and did 3 hours on the hard landscape of the jungle ( lifting and moving flagstones to create planting areas.) Man it was hot even then. No need for the gym today.
Mrs J has her list of plants and I I'll do what she does best.
Just 15 minutes to go to the 1st ball
Edit , enjoy the boss
I am ridiculously excited about this series. I'm dying to see how Bazball fares against the Aussies. If it goes wrong (hopefully not) is there a Plan B.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back