Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

What temp you getting mate?

About 23 here now

Nudging 30. Kicker is the wind has gone away. The front meadow is scorched brown, the back has some tree cover, so not so deaded, Be thunder and torrential rain soon, nailed on. Always happens. Was on the M5 on Monday, and a cloudburst brought the road to a standstill. Half a mile later, dry as a bone.

Nudging 30. Kicker is the wind has gone away. The front meadow is scorched brown, the back has some tree cover, so not so deaded, Be thunder and torrential rain soon, nailed on. Always happens. Was on the M5 on Monday, and a cloudburst brought the road to a standstill. Half a mile later, dry as a bone.
30 is just stupidly hot for these isles.

No real rain forecast here until Sunday when I am of course on a football away day 😀. Typical.

30 is just stupidly hot for these isles.

No real rain forecast here until Sunday when I am of course on a football away day 😀. Typical.

The actual temp has been similar for what feels like weeks, but we have had a breeze all the time. Till this evening. Lasted 15 minutes on the patio.

Mind you, we are absolutely useless with weather in the UK/Eire. Living on a few rocks in the Atlantic kinda leads to it I guess.

The actual temp has been similar for what feels like weeks, but we have had a breeze all the time. Till this evening. Lasted 15 minutes on the patio.

Mind you, we are absolutely useless with weather in the UK/Eire. Living on a few rocks in the Atlantic kinda leads to it I guess.
If you could actually sleep at night it would go a long way to coping with the heat next day. Well, that and a breeze of course.

If you could actually sleep at night it would go a long way to coping with the heat next day. Well, that and a breeze of course.

Dont have a problem with sleeping for some reason, (wine). The bedroom in the attic always has the curtains closed, and the velux things are always open. Mad thing is, I will retire to the snug, (coldest room in the house) and light the log burner soon!

Dont have a problem with sleeping for some reason, (wine). The bedroom in the attic always has the curtains closed, and the velux things are always open. Mad thing is, I will retire to the snug, (coldest room in the house) and light the log burner soon!
You are a creature of habit mate and nothing wrong with that.

I will shortly be following your wine tip to see if I can a full night’s shut eye. In fairness though, the bedroom window is open and the roosters outside appear to be hardwired to start their malarkey at 4.12am precisely.

You are a creature of habit mate and nothing wrong with that.

I will shortly be following your wine tip to see if I can a full night’s shut eye. In fairness though, the bedroom window is open and the roosters outside appear to be hardwired to start their malarkey at 4.12am precisely.

I am totally a creature of habit! Most likely has roots in looking out for Nikki for years, and me being utterly comfortable in my own skin.

A good pal said to me a few months ago, "Dont you get lonely now?" And I told him I was alone, but not lonely. Works for me.

I am totally a creature of habit! Most likely has roots in looking out for Nikki for years, and me being utterly comfortable in my own skin.

A good pal said to me a few months ago, "Dont you get lonely now?" And I told him I was alone, but not lonely. Works for me.
I can sort of relate to this. You kind of get used to being on your own but I don't feel lonely as I always feel Cal's presence. I like having people around and chatting, like this evening, but also am content when they leave and I get back to the solitude. Hard to explain.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back