Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this sunny clear day here in Finland .I hope all have a good day after a fine night's sleep . COYB .Some great photos @Barnfred 55 .My old mum wanted me to join the Royal Navy ,I think she liked the uniform!
My Dad’s father wanted him to join the Royal Artillery. Dad’s father and grandfather both having been regulars so he was keen for Dad to follow in the family footsteps. Dad had other ideas and “failed“ the entrance exam and joined the navy at sixteen.

Morning everyone.
It seems a bit fresher today ( typing this whilst still in bed) and apparently this is the best day of the week.

So time to put a days worth of work into the jungle area, particularly after Mrs J came back from Arley with loads of plants.

What a show Elton put on last night, epic and showed the youngsters what a real pop superstar does.

The mini festival on Saturday raised £7 k for cancer research.

Everton seem to be trying to surpass themselves in the lunanacy stakes if reports are to be believed of them appointing the ex Arsenal DoF who is a mate of Jorabchim and was apparently sacked for dodgy dealings.

Anyway have a lovely day y'all.

Morning all, hope you're all good.

I am sick of all the BS around football these days. I am seriously considering stopping bothering with it. If these restrictions continue while other teams spend whatever they like, I'm done, it's not worth following anymore.

I really dislike what this league has become. Sick of a few teams taking all the best players all the time with the media actively trying to sell players to the sky 6 all the time. It is becoming increasingly difficult to compete.

We are in a different stratosphere now to Man City, Chelsea etc and the minute one of your players has a good season, all you hear in the media is so and so should leave if they want to win trophies. Using that logic how on earth are the rest of us supposed to close the gap, especially if our finances are under BS restrictions.

Sorry for the rant, just a bit sick of the way the League has gone, the one thing that used to separate this League was that there wasn't just one or two teams able to win the league like Serie A or Bundesliga or La Liga. We've hit that point now with City.

Have a good day guys.

I am sick of all the BS around football these days. I am seriously considering stopping bothering with it. If these restrictions continue while other teams spend whatever they like, I'm done, it's not worth following anymore.

I really dislike what this league has become. Sick of a few teams taking all the best players all the time with the media actively trying to sell players to the sky 6 all the time. It is becoming increasingly difficult to compete.

We are in a different stratosphere now to Man City, Chelsea etc and the minute one of your players has a good season, all you hear in the media is so and so should leave if they want to win trophies. Using that logic how on earth are the rest of us supposed to close the gap, especially if our finances are under BS restrictions.

Sorry for the rant, just a bit sick of the way the League has gone, the one thing that used to separate this League was that there wasn't just one or two teams able to win the league like Serie A or Bundesliga or La Liga. We've hit that point now with City.

Have a good day guys.

Totally agree with you…now breathe, relax and have a great day ……

Have a good day guys.
I agree. I think FFP is a means of maintaining the status quo. Even Newcastle are caught in it and Mike Ashley always bought cheap and sold at a profit. I also don't get how Man Utd can have £1bn of debt but seem to be able to buy anybody. You can bet your life we will be the first, and only, PL team to get a points deduction- much like Niasse being banned for diving.

Have a good day guys.
Have to agree with that. Though I’ll never stop supporting Everton, tomorrow my “ live” football season begins with my semi professional team’s first friendly. 5 minutes from home, maybe take in a pie and a bovril, stand on the hallway line with a similar bunch of old farts , enjoy the game , go home. Come the middle of February and Tuesday night match temperatures will be down to 0 to 3deg , but still preferable to staying at home and watching the Champions League on the Tv.

Hi all. I hope you are all having a good day. It's very breezy again here today so it isn't as warm as it should be. I've just finished work- very productive day. I might take it easy for the rest of the week. I'm well ahead of my target for the month so I might have an easy week!
Haven't got much planned for this week or the weekend. We are going to Liverpool weekend of 8th July Looking forward to that. It will be my first visit since Dad's funeral so it will be strange.

Have a good day guys.
Agree mate

Just when you think things are getting better kenwright is announced

Not worth stressing over - what will be will be

On a brighter note its Monday and we havent lost a match for ages

Evening all,

Quantum leap forward in the jungle today. Started at 8am and just finished with a short break for some luncheon.

Paths in place , membrane down and filled with gravel , all 2 tonnes of it. Fence posts in and fence erected.

Now the fun stuff can start. Got to bring in 2 tonnes of top soil and then plant.

A bit tired now though!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back