Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all, hope you're all good.

I am sick of all the BS around football these days. I am seriously considering stopping bothering with it. If these restrictions continue while other teams spend whatever they like, I'm done, it's not worth following anymore.

I really dislike what this league has become. Sick of a few teams taking all the best players all the time with the media actively trying to sell players to the sky 6 all the time. It is becoming increasingly difficult to compete.

We are in a different stratosphere now to Man City, Chelsea etc and the minute one of your players has a good season, all you hear in the media is so and so should leave if they want to win trophies. Using that logic how on earth are the rest of us supposed to close the gap, especially if our finances are under BS restrictions.

Sorry for the rant, just a bit sick of the way the League has gone, the one thing that used to separate this League was that there wasn't just one or two teams able to win the league like Serie A or Bundesliga or La Liga. We've hit that point now with City.

Have a good day guys.
My hope is that the Scab 6 make good on their Super League ambitions and pee off out of the league.

A busy day for me , but I took the time to browse my “ wildflower meadow” with a cup of tea. I started this about 10 years ago , and have posted a few photos on GOT over the years. These few go back from a few weeks ago plus today.
My wee helper is our 6 month old kitten Gertie, her sister Bessie is not as curious .

The big blue flowers are “ Viper’s Bugloss” , lovely spikes that attract loads of bees . White ones are Gowans (Oxe-eye daisy) and the purple ones Greater Knapweed. The brown bit in the middle is where I cut a swath through the Gowans , cleared and reseeded with different wildflowers . I’ll know in the next few weeks if this has worked 🤞.

Attachments

• C3A8F972-D187-4327-A294-BCE6D37AD93F.webp
    C3A8F972-D187-4327-A294-BCE6D37AD93F.webp
    512.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 128F842E-0C59-45E8-A50D-E8F1C53F4549.webp
    128F842E-0C59-45E8-A50D-E8F1C53F4549.webp
    384.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 0EB335B4-90B9-4972-8A0E-B31C1DDB7A16.webp
    0EB335B4-90B9-4972-8A0E-B31C1DDB7A16.webp
    292.1 KB · Views: 12
  • C6EBD37F-95BF-4775-A7A1-AEE82F501EC5.webp
    C6EBD37F-95BF-4775-A7A1-AEE82F501EC5.webp
    349.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 528A4712-3DBD-4295-A8D9-EC714AAD06F0.webp
    528A4712-3DBD-4295-A8D9-EC714AAD06F0.webp
    338.3 KB · Views: 11
A busy day for me , but I took the time to browse my “ wildflower meadow” with a cup of tea. I started this about 10 years ago , and have posted a few photos on GOT over the years. These few go back from a few weeks ago plus today.
My wee helper is our 6 month old kitten Gertie, her sister Bessie is not as curious .

The big blue flowers are “ Viper’s Bugloss” , lovely spikes that attract loads of bees . White ones are Gowans (Oxe-eye daisy) and the purple ones Greater Knapweed. The brown bit in the middle is where I cut a swath through the Gowans , cleared and reseeded with different wildflowers . I’ll know in the next few weeks if this has worked 🤞.
Wildflower meadow and puss look gorgeous

Hi all. I hope you are all having a good day. It's very breezy again here today so it isn't as warm as it should be. I've just finished work- very productive day. I might take it easy for the rest of the week. I'm well ahead of my target for the month so I might have an easy week!
Haven't got much planned for this week or the weekend. We are going to Liverpool weekend of 8th July Looking forward to that. It will be my first visit since Dad's funeral so it will be strange.
Fancy a pint in The Butchers😀

Have to agree with that. Though I’ll never stop supporting Everton, tomorrow my “ live” football season begins with my semi professional team’s first friendly. 5 minutes from home, maybe take in a pie and a bovril, stand on the hallway line with a similar bunch of old farts , enjoy the game , go home. Come the middle of February and Tuesday night match temperatures will be down to 0 to 3deg , but still preferable to staying at home and watching the Champions League on the Tv.
Do you mind me asking who your local team are ? . I’ve been delving into Scottish football for the last couple of years due to watching A View From the Terrace . When Everton were knocked out of the FA Cup this season I came up to Annan Athletic and then Livingstone on the Sunday, I was waiting at the bus stop in Livingston and another Evertonian who’s a more serious ground hopper than me turned up , it was his 3rd game in 3 days he said “it’s a different world up here” and I had to agree. I’ve got a three pronged approach now, I’d love to do The 92 but at the same time I enjoy travelling around the Northern Premier League and Gala Fairydean , Stenhousemuir , Raith Rovers and Banks O’Dee are calling to me.

Good morning all on this sunny clear day here in Hyvinkää ,we had thunder yesterday and a decent downpour ,I could hear the grass singing .I hope all are well and had a great night . I have to agree with the train of thought that as we have no control over matters it is far wiser to just roll with it ,I wish I could but it is now obvious they don't care what the voice of the fans says .I think it is shocking that Bill is still at the helm , I was a staunch supporter early on ,now though it is blatantly obvious that he should not be there ,even for his own health.
Have a great day all COYB

Do you mind me asking who your local team are ? . I’ve been delving into Scottish football for the last couple of years due to watching A View From the Terrace . When Everton were knocked out of the FA Cup this season I came up to Annan Athletic and then Livingstone on the Sunday, I was waiting at the bus stop in Livingston and another Evertonian who’s a more serious ground hopper than me turned up , it was his 3rd game in 3 days he said “it’s a different world up here” and I had to agree. I’ve got a three pronged approach now, I’d love to do The 92 but at the same time I enjoy travelling around the Northern Premier League and Gala Fairydean , Stenhousemuir , Raith Rovers and Banks O’Dee are calling to me.
Buckie Thistle in the Highland League, we’ve come second the past two years , losing out on the last day both times …..this is our year 😂. I post about them in the Scottish Football thread , I just keep plugging away with the posts amongst all the stuff about The Old Firm , Scottish Football is more than that. There was a guy with a camcorder up here last season filmed the ground/game it for his YouTube, I’ll see if I can find it.

Morning all, weather much fresher than of late thank goodness. In Asda in town yesterday got into a conversation with a lady who had moved here from Crawley on the advice of her brother. She hates it. She had left behind all her friends. I got her life history, her husband, a taxi driver had been killed in an accident with a lorry, the driver was taken to court but in her words “got away with it“ although drugs were involved and her son has also passed away. I was talking to her for so long Mr G.finished the shopping whilst I chatted. We both came to the conclusion I was the only person she might talk to all day. Off to see my friend this morning and I’ve been thinking of the lady and her desire to see her friends. Sorry to be a bit on the sad side. Have a good day all.💙

Morning all, weather much fresher than of late thank goodness. In Asda in town yesterday got into a conversation with a lady who had moved here from Crawley on the advice of her brother. She hates it. She had left behind all her friends. I got her life history, her husband, a taxi driver had been killed in an accident with a lorry, the driver was taken to court but in her words “got away with it“ although drugs were involved and her son has also passed away. I was talking to her for so long Mr G.finished the shopping whilst I chatted. We both came to the conclusion I was the only person she might talk to all day. Off to see my friend this morning and I’ve been thinking of the lady and her desire to see her friends. Sorry to be a bit on the sad side. Have a good day all.💙
Oh bless her. You're probably right that you are the only person she will have spoken to on that day. Very kind of you to take time to listen to her x

Gorgeous pics. I love wildflowers. Gertie is very cute too.

Have you thought about joining the Samaritans?

Morning everyone,

Raining here today which puts paid to anymore jungle adventures, which is a bit of a relief really.

Awoke to find that the new fence hadn't fallen down which was a pleasant surprise!

Been to do our and mum's big shop but Aldi didn't have half the things on mum's list so had to go to Tesco as well. Found out they had 25%off wine so that was a result!

Off to the gym and then probably read this afternoon.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back