Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning guys. Still here for now, although City bidding for Rice kind of proves my point.

So I am chilling out watching The Lost Boys again, I was listening to INXS and the song with Jimmy Barnes came on so it got me in the mood for The Lost Boys.

Raining outside today but no vampires lol

Enjoy your day.

Buckie Thistle in the Highland League, we’ve come second the past two years , losing out on the last day both times …..this is our year 😂. I post about them in the Scottish Football thread , I just keep plugging away with the posts amongst all the stuff about The Old Firm , Scottish Football is more than that. There was a guy with a camcorder up here last season filmed the ground/game it for his YouTube, I’ll see if I can find it.
That's a brilliant video. You certainly live in a beautiful area , although I suspect the weather is a bit wild at times. Loved the ground and proper football , not the overpaid divas that you get in the PL.

Morning all, weather much fresher than of late thank goodness. In Asda in town yesterday got into a conversation with a lady who had moved here from Crawley on the advice of her brother. She hates it. She had left behind all her friends. I got her life history, her husband, a taxi driver had been killed in an accident with a lorry, the driver was taken to court but in her words “got away with it“ although drugs were involved and her son has also passed away. I was talking to her for so long Mr G.finished the shopping whilst I chatted. We both came to the conclusion I was the only person she might talk to all day. Off to see my friend this morning and I’ve been thinking of the lady and her desire to see her friends. Sorry to be a bit on the sad side. Have a good day all.💙
I had a similar experience last night H, albeit not quite as pleasant as yours. I was round at the neighbours for tea and they had a couple of friends round too. The guy (actually called Guy) I'd met a few times before at Round Table events Rob had taken me to. Anyway he already knew I used to work in a bank so after tea he decided he was going to give me chapter and verse on his banking history. He used to own a garage forecourt business. Believe me, to a retired bank manager there is nothing worse.lol

Anyway, after what must have been an hour and a half of pure torture the wife says "come on Guy we need to get going. You've bored Al long enough". I could have kissed her.lol

Got a call from one of my good friends on Sunday. She used to work with Cal and we've been friends with her and her husband (a good Blue) for about 35 years. I always see them first whenever I'm back up in Liverpool and always have such a good time the way you do with friends that you know so well. Anyway they've been threatening to come down and visit ever since Cal died, and the purpose of the call was to say that she has booked a weeks holiday from Monday 10th July and that they were coming down. Err, no you're not. I'm up in Liverpool then :) Sods law. Arranged to meet them on the Friday I get back from Edinburgh and then they can still have a chance to get away for a few days.

Trying to organise my diary for the rest of my 7 days in Liverpool and it's always nice that people seem happy to see me. I could really arrange more than a week but I'm pretty sure that my liver wouldn't be able to take it.lol

That's a brilliant video. You certainly live in a beautiful area , although I suspect the weather is a bit wild at times. Loved the ground and proper football , not the overpaid divas that you get in the PL.
It’s on the Moray Firth so weather is usually good, not much snow in winter but blasted by winds. It’s lovely , I go running 3 times a week and often post photos from my run on a running site, I’ll post some here occasionally. Watching Highland League fitba is great, 6 feet away from the pitch , “ full on “ tackling with red cards a plenty and lots of goals. , I love it.

Gorgeous pics. I love wildflowers. Gertie is very cute too.
Mrs blueloon is the real cat person. When we met 22 years ago she had four cats, replaced a few but the last two died around Christmas so were replaced by Bessie and Gertie , now 7 months old. It’s been super fun watching them grow from wee kittens and they’ve never really slowed down! Gertie is curious, friendly , into everything including neighbours houses and sheds . Theyll follow you around the garden but are ever so gentle in everything they do , softly pawing things and tolerating the grandkids . !

Buckie Thistle in the Highland League, we’ve come second the past two years , losing out on the last day both times …..this is our year 😂. I post about them in the Scottish Football thread , I just keep plugging away with the posts amongst all the stuff about The Old Firm , Scottish Football is more than that. There was a guy with a camcorder up here last season filmed the ground/game it for his YouTube, I’ll see if I can find it.
My mate who I use to play in the same footie with moved back to Scotland a while ago, I sure he either played for Buckie Thistle or was involved with them in another capacity, good player back in the day

It’s on the Moray Firth so weather is usually good, not much snow in winter but blasted by winds. It’s lovely , I go running 3 times a week and often post photos from my run on a running site, I’ll post some here occasionally. Watching Highland League fitba is great, 6 feet away from the pitch , “ full on “ tackling with red cards a plenty and lots of goals. , I love it.
Is Nairn on the Moray Firth? We went on holiday there years ago. Loved it - also visited Culloden on the same holiday. Whilst I love all the foreign holidays, Scotland is hands down my most favourite place in the world. I never get tired of going there. I've never thought about going to watch a Highland League match while we've been there. May put that right next time.

Morning guys. Still here for now, although City bidding for Rice kind of proves my point.

So I am chilling out watching The Lost Boys again, I was listening to INXS and the song with Jimmy Barnes came on so it got me in the mood for The Lost Boys.

Raining outside today but no vampires lol

Enjoy your day.
The Lost Boys is one of my favorite movies!! It has such an awesome soundtrack! And yes I own the DVD and the soundtrack! lol

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you are having a good day! I have some great news! I was just hired for a job last week! A few of you know I have been not working for a while, and being a stay at a home Mom. The job offer showed up out of the blue. I had been praying a lot about getting one. And last week, I had a feeling I was going to get a job offer, and Wednesday it happened!! I've been saying many thank you prayers to God for that! It's basically the perfect job for me and has everything I wanted, so I feel blessed.

I don't know when I start, but they said next month or August at the latest. Now, I'm crazy busy playing catch up from earlier this year AND getting ready for the job, BUT I'm not complaining! lol

Last edited:

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you are having a good day! I have some great news! I was just hired for a job last week! A few of you know I have been not working for a while, and being a stay at a home Mom. The job offer showed up out of the blue. I had been praying a lot about getting one. And last week, I had a feeling I was going to get a job offer, and Wednesday it happened!! I've been saying many thank you prayers to God for that! It's basically the perfect job for me and has everything I wanted. So I feel blessed.

I don't know when I start, but they said next month or August at the latest. Now, I'm crazy busy playing catch up from earlier this year AND getting ready for the job. BUT I'm not complaining! lol

Congratulations, really pleased for you…..

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you are having a good day! I have some great news! I was just hired for a job last week! A few of you know I have been not working for a while, and being a stay at a home Mom. The job offer showed up out of the blue. I had been praying a lot about getting one. And last week, I had a feeling I was going to get a job offer, and Wednesday it happened!! I've been saying many thank you prayers to God for that! It's basically the perfect job for me and has everything I wanted, so I feel blessed.

I don't know when I start, but they said next month or August at the latest. Now, I'm crazy busy playing catch up from earlier this year AND getting ready for the job, BUT I'm not complaining! lol
Congratulations. Well done you. :celebrate::celebrate:

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back