Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning @messymascot Not good news on the injury front for Everton is it. I fear the worst tomorrow.

Hello all. How is everybody doing. Not much to report from the north east today. I'm about to go outside and feed the family of crows that live between the roof of the barn that forms part of the boundary to our back garden and the trees at the back. There is about 12 of them - they've been there for years. They expect food every day now and wait on the fence for us. I love them - they are so clever. They are in for a treat today. I made crispy duck last night so they have got all the duck bones to scavenge on. Beats the mouldy bit of pitta that they got yesterday! We also have a huge gull that visits ( miles from the sea here) but he only ever turns up for the good stuff so he might come along today as well.

Good morning Messy, Fred and the gang @jazzy so sorry mate that you're being put through the mill regarding your dog, I just hope it's better news than you're expecting.
More bad news with injuries for the blues, when is it going to end.
For all of those out there wrongly worrying about relegation you only had to have watched the City v Leeds game last night to realise that all the sides below us are thankfully worse than us, hard to believe I know.
You all have a good one today, I've been given my list of domestic chores to crack on with, I have an old mate of mine popping around for lunch and it's frozen Chicago Town pizzas for lunch, awesome?

Good morning @messymascot Not good news on the injury front for Everton is it. I fear the worst tomorrow.

Hello all. How is everybody doing. Not much to report from the north east today. I'm about to go outside and feed the family of crows that live between the roof of the barn that forms part of the boundary to our back garden and the trees at the back. There is about 12 of them - they've been there for years. They expect food every day now and wait on the fence for us. I love them - they are so clever. They are in for a treat today. I made crispy duck last night so they have got all the duck bones to scavenge on. Beats the mouldy bit of pitta that they got yesterday! We also have a huge gull that visits ( miles from the sea here) but he only ever turns up for the good stuff so he might come along today as well.
When you say you made Crispy Duck Anj, do you mean you prepared it from scratch, or did you buy one of the pre-prepared supermarket ones that you stick in the oven. ? :) The M&S one is the best IMO, but it's also expensive.

I find they never give you enough sauce to go with it. If you have it often treat yourself to a jar of Hoisin sauce, and mix it 50/50 with honey. It's usually much nicer than the sauces come with the duck.

When you say you made Crispy Duck Anj, do you mean you prepared it from scratch, or did you buy one of the pre-prepared supermarket ones that you stick in the oven. ? :) The M&S one is the best IMO, but it's also expensive.

I find they never give you enough sauce to go with it. If you have it often treat yourself to a jar of Hoisin sauce, and mix it 50/50 with honey. It's usually much nicer than the sauces come with the duck.
Made it from scratch Fred. Bought the pancakes though - that is a step too far! Agree about the M and S ones. Gorgeous. I'll try the hoisin and honey sauce next time.

Good morning Messy, Fred and the gang @jazzy so sorry mate that you're being put through the mill regarding your dog, I just hope it's better news than you're expecting.
More bad news with injuries for the blues, when is it going to end.
For all of those out there wrongly worrying about relegation you only had to have watched the City v Leeds game last night to realise that all the sides below us are thankfully worse than us, hard to believe I know.
You all have a good one today, I've been given my list of domestic chores to crack on with, I have an old mate of mine popping around for lunch and it's frozen Chicago Town pizzas for lunch, awesome?
Thanks LT

Good morning @messymascot Glad to hear you are doing OK. Thanks @Reedy1979 for the update. Do you fancy swapping Ragnick for Benitez? Shy bairns get nowt as they say in these parts.

Today will mostly be working, drinking coffee, (I've been using decaff for almost a year now) snacking inappropriately, pandering to the cat and trying not to the think about Everton of the recent past or Everton of the immediate future.

Have a splendid day everybody.
Hahaha Not a Chance hahaha

Made it from scratch Fred. Bought the pancakes though - that is a step too far! Agree about the M and S ones. Gorgeous. I'll try the hoisin and honey sauce next time.
I doff my hat to you then Anj. Not something I'd even try without having a really hot oven. I've seen the way they keep basting the bird in hot oil in the Chinese restaurants to get the skin so crispy.

What did you use for the sauce?

I doff my hat to you then Anj. Not something I'd even try without having a really hot oven. I've seen the way they keep basting the bird in hot oil in the Chinese restaurants to get the skin so crispy.

What did you use for the sauce?
That was also bought - a jar of hoi sin from Tesco! It is a bit of a faff on but well worth the end result. The hardest bit is preparing the marinade then you just leave it to soak and roast it.

I'd love to have the skill to a) chop cucumber and spring onion into matchstick sized pieces and b) shred the duck like they do in Chinese restaurants. I think it was Lau's in Liverpool they would bring the duck to your table and in about 30 seconds, and only using two works it would be perfectly shredded. i'm still finding random bits of duck in my kitchen this morning due to over enthusiastic shredding!

That was also bought - a jar of hoi sin from Tesco! It is a bit of a faff on but well worth the end result. The hardest bit is preparing the marinade then you just leave it to soak and roast it.

I'd love to have the skill to a) chop cucumber and spring onion into matchstick sized pieces and b) shred the duck like they do in Chinese restaurants. I think it was Lau's in Liverpool they would bring the duck to your table and in about 30 seconds, and only using two works it would be perfectly shredded. i'm still finding random bits of duck in my kitchen this morning due to over enthusiastic shredding!
Was Lau's the one in the big house in Sefton Park?. Or the one by the Coconut grove. I always get those two confused.

The one in Sefton Park was our favourite back in the day. They used to do the most amazing prawn spring rolls that were lovely dipped in the hot Malaysia chilli sauce. ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back