Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning everyone and happy Glastonbury to our resident NME critic @Barnfred 55 .

As @anjelikaferrett said the T20 semi final was so disappointing but hats off to India for a great performance. Can't see past them for the final , they have all bases covered.

The Presidential debate was like watching a train crash , terribly, excruciatingly painful but you can't not watch it. Having said that who's ever actually seen a train crash? As @peteblue referenced earlier about our election , when you think about it the lack of any great world leaders is truly frightening and that vacuum allows tyrants like Putin and Kim Jong Un to thrive.

@Terrarian , good to see you back posting even if some of it is about metal which I have to confess is up there with drill as my least favourite genre . In a rare moment of boredom whilst on holiday Mrs J asked me why Opera was my least favourite type of music and whilst I paused to reply I realized that it actually wasn't! Sorry T !

Not much on the Glastonbury agenda I'm looking forward to apart from Squeeze and Corinne Bailey Rae. I usually like the legends slot but can't stand Shania Twain!

Anyway , hope that @Val P is over her journey and that y'all have a lovely day .

Morning all, bright, sunny and much fresher today. Up to mischief on my own this morning as Mr G. is off to an old codgers coffee morning - sorry that should read Schoolfriends’ Reunion. Apparently he once got into an “argument” with one of the attendees, so could prove interesting, hope the bloke doesn’t hold a grudge :lol: .
@Terrarian , really liked the music you posted, I’m just an old headbanger at heart but as to Glastonbury meh!🫤
Have good day, all.💙

Morning everyone and happy Glastonbury to our resident NME critic @Barnfred 55 .

As @anjelikaferrett said the T20 semi final was so disappointing but hats off to India for a great performance. Can't see past them for the final , they have all bases covered.

The Presidential debate was like watching a train crash , terribly, excruciatingly painful but you can't not watch it. Having said that who's ever actually seen a train crash? As @peteblue referenced earlier about our election , when you think about it the lack of any great world leaders is truly frightening and that vacuum allows tyrants like Putin and Kim Jong Un to thrive.

@Terrarian , good to see you back posting even if some of it is about metal which I have to confess is up there with drill as my least favourite genre . In a rare moment of boredom whilst on holiday Mrs J asked me why Opera was my least favourite type of music and whilst I paused to reply I realized that it actually wasn't! Sorry T !

Not much on the Glastonbury agenda I'm looking forward to apart from Squeeze and Corinne Bailey Rae. I usually like the legends slot but can't stand Shania Twain!

Anyway , hope that @Val P is over her journey and that y'all have a lovely day .
All good Jazzy, I feel the same about erm ... Jazz :lol: Well @anjelikaferrett and @Gwladysover liked it so there 🤣 (Volbeat aren't really a metal band to be fair)

Not into politics, Without being offensive I find anyone who lives by some red or blue imaginary code(not football obv) is a bit strange. I think politicians lie through their noses and people worship them whilst they destroy the country. Also all this left, right and centre nonsense, it's rubbish, it is impossible to live without all parts of that spectrum, sorry to the politics people.

It's overcast again threatening rain, had a long two days of sun.

Have a good day chaps.

All good Jazzy, I feel the same about erm ... Jazz :lol: Well @anjelikaferrett and @Gwladysover liked it so there 🤣 (Volbeat aren't really a metal band to be fair)

Not into politics, Without being offensive I find anyone who lives by some red or blue imaginary code(not football obv) is a bit strange. I think politicians lie through their noses and people worship them whilst they destroy the country. Also all this left, right and centre nonsense, it's rubbish, it is impossible to live without all parts of that spectrum, sorry to the politics people.

Have a good day chaps.
Anything on the Glastonbury schedule that you are looking forward to T?

Combining the music and politics themes, I’ve been a bit of a wandering minstrel having lived long periods of my life in Wales, England and Scotland and voted in every election going . This has included local councillors doing a good job irrespective of party, European elections, GEs, Scottish elections etc. As a result I can claim to be one of those people who have voted at some time for just about every large UK party going , from Plaid Cymru, through Greens and SNP. Right wing nutters like UKIP and Reform excluded. Fortunately Mrs bl and I are both fascinated with current events, her more so than me , coverage has become a too saturated for me now . A week today it will all be over …..or just beginning again!

I've not even looked Jazz, with me being zonked out by the time it's on, I wouldn't get to see it, so i haven't bothered for a few years now. I also think it's lost a bit of magic, not that I ever went.

A couple of my old mates went once and ended up coming home early because one of the dolts had so much amphetamine he had a paranoid psychosis episode so they all had to come back and he was convinced he was being followed home by scouse gangsters. I was living with him at the time and he was in a right state. Constantly checking the windows to see if they were there. He ended up going to his mams house, despite my advice against it and it lasted for a few days. Not good. I told his mam he had sunstroke but god knows what she must have thought.

Morning all, bright, sunny and much fresher today. Up to mischief on my own this morning as Mr G. is off to an old codgers coffee morning - sorry that should read Schoolfriends’ Reunion. Apparently he once got into an “argument” with one of the attendees, so could prove interesting, hope the bloke doesn’t hold a grudge :lol: .
@Terrarian , really liked the music you posted, I’m just an old headbanger at heart but as to Glastonbury meh!🫤
Have good day, all.💙

If it’s a proper ‘old codgers’ meeting everyone will have forgotten anyway……

Don't forget Olivia Dean who's on right after Squeeze today.

I'm sorry that there isn't much on the Glasto lineup to whet your appetite and I know you're rueing the absence of the extraordinary talents of the lovely Kate Bush. So here's a special treat for you to put you in a better mood. :)

Have a good day chaps.
Fully agree on the politics mate. Quite scary really which is why I don't ever think too much about it.

I think today's a fantastic day. I have my itinerary mapped out (will post it in the Glasto thread later) and I'll barely have time between sets to cook my meals. There's also about half a dozen sets that clash that hopefully I'll be able to watch on catch up later. Should be plenty of time over the weekend as Sat/Sun are nowhere near as stacked. Good job the weather's crap so i don't feel as though I'm missing out.

Have good day, all.💙
That's because all the other old headbangers are either dead or on zimmer frames H.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back