Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi folks. It's a gorgeous day here. I have both toes and legs out - shorts and sandals. I think it's a first for this year.
England were so dull last night. I know Southgate is cautious by nature but I'm sure he's never been this negative. I'm also glad that "Trent" has been found out. I've never rated him. Bang average at best.
I've got a new app on my phone that identifies birdsong. I am far too excited about this than I should be🤣. So far I have identified a wren, a goldfinch, a yellowhammer and a jackdaw.
Nice to hear from you @Terrarian. I hope your Mum's appointments have gone well @jazzy . Enjoy the sunshine everyone x
What’s the app called? I would love that too

Have actually met Burnham and I must say I liked him.

You know what, even if you are to spoil your ballot, at least you are taking part.
Have actually met Burnham and I must say I liked him.

You know what, even if you are to spoil your ballot, at least you are taking part.
He has occasionally sat in the UG nearby. I think he’s great. Should have been labour leader in a different situation.

Evening all, back in good old Blighty after an 18 hour journey yesterday- really must revisit plans for getting home more quickly and efficiently . Just been catching up on the thread, doing the washing, snoozing and generally feeling disappointed with the weather but so grateful to have had another fantastic island hop. I remember we were away when it was the Brexit vote and so I didn’t bother because I thought surely people wouldn’t, would they …. anyway postal voted since. Currently waiting for delivery of a Chinese takeaway before I go and have my jaws wired tomorrow.

Wipeout. Sunak is a backstabbing idiot with no political skills, supported by another idiot , Hunt, who messed up their promises in the budgets. I truly believe these two have no idea what they did when they shafted Boris. I’m in a farming Conservative area and all I hear, and bear in mind it’s mostly pub customers, is how upset they were regarding the shenanigans to get rid of Boris, and even worse to end up with a nonentity bean counter and his mate who nobody voted for as the MP’s stitched it up. ..they are toast around here and as I say it’s as conservative as it comes.,,,personally I won’t be voting and I hope they all get voted out, it’s what they themselves did and now they have to live with the consequences…….
Oh Pete, you've got to vote. Even if you write ' you're all a pile of poo" on the ballot paper. Register your discontent. I don't think I've ever not voted in a General or local election - apart from the Police Commissioner one - which is a totally made up job and another snout in the trough. As a woman, I always think of what other women went through to give me this right and I feel I owe it to them.

Hi everybody. Hope you are all OK. It is really windy here and there's a few raindrops about. Summer appears to have ended🤣. I liked that song @Terrarian- I might check them out.
I love Andy Burnham. I wish he was Labour leader.
Chris and Sophie are visiting briefly tomorrow- they are at a wedding on Saturday. It's one of Chris's school friends so they are looking forward to it. He's got his oncology appointment on July 10th but still hasn't had a post op scan. He's hoping it will be next week.
In other news my radishes have bolted. Make of that what you will. Apparently it's the weather. I just nodded and said yes when it was being explained to me.
I'm currently watching England v India in the T20 semi final. We need to get Rohit out!
Have a lovely evening everyone x

Hi everybody. Hope you are all OK. It is really windy here and there's a few raindrops about. Summer appears to have ended🤣. I liked that song @Terrarian- I might check them out.
I love Andy Burnham. I wish he was Labour leader.
Chris and Sophie are visiting briefly tomorrow- they are at a wedding on Saturday. It's one of Chris's school friends so they are looking forward to it. He's got his oncology appointment on July 10th but still hasn't had a post op scan. He's hoping it will be next week.
In other news my radishes have bolted. Make of that what you will. Apparently it's the weather. I just nodded and said yes when it was being explained to me.
I'm currently watching England v India in the T20 semi final. We need to get Rohit out!
Have a lovely evening everyone x
You'll have to let me know what you think, I'm still getting to know their songs but the lead singer has a powerful vocal I think

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back