Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Do you remember the other week I shared slap fighting video. Well I have since discovered that Dana White, President of the UFC has started Power Slap Championship and I have to say, these guys are developing techniques that mean you are basically getting punched, some really really heavy KO's.

I can't help but think those guys will regret doing that in later life. I still watch it though and Power Slap does seem a lot more professional and has a lot more safety around it but you're still getting hammered to the face unchecked, going first is everything.

I still can't stop watching it though :oops:

That can only be in USA

@Barnfred 55 for someone who burnt the Glasto candle you are up mighty early amigo.

Forgetting your favorite band of the month are there any other "unknown" ( to me !) artists that you want to mark my card for today?

It is open garden today in the village and although it's tipping down I suppose we will do the rounds and be asked what year we are including ours and the reply will always be the same - never!

It's not that we are anti social ( which we are ) but way too much of a risk with the dogs running around and visitors leaving gates open . And if we kept the dogs in the house they'd go nuts hearing all the people outside.

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.
Yesterday was my day mate. Not much on the card today I'm actively seeking out. There's TLDP of course and I'm also really excited for Mannequin Pvssy who I've been listening to a lot lately. A female punk band who are definitely not poppets, but I think you'll hate them. Soccer Mommy are also a band I've listened too and I'll watch Little Simz tonight, but she's a female rapper si you'll hate her too.

So it's a voyage of discovery for me today. Which maybe isn't a bad thing. Despite me enjoying a lot of the sets yesterday the one that really freaked me out was Heilung who I'd never even heard of. Gutted it isn't on catch up as it was sensational.

One you might enjoy today is Jessie Ware who us headlining one of the minor stages later.

Yesterday was my day mate. Not much on the card today I'm actively seeking out. There's TLDP of course and I'm also really excited for Mannequin Pvssy who I've been listening to a lot lately. A female punk band who are definitely not poppets, but I think you'll hate them. Soccer Mommy are also a band I've listened too and I'll watch Little Simz tonight, but she's a female rapper si you'll hate her too.

So it's a voyage of discovery for me today. Which maybe isn't a bad thing. Despite me enjoying a lot of the sets yesterday the one that really freaked me out was Heilung who I'd never even heard of. Gutted it isn't on catch up as it was sensational.

One you might enjoy today is Jessie Ware who us headlining one of the minor stages later.
Merci mon ami.

Make you right on the rap stuff. Saw a band / woman called Noname yesterday fronted by a female singer from Chicago.

Great soulful voice until she started bloody rapping for some strange reason.

Although I'm not a great fan of rap I didn't mind the Sugar Hill Gang and of course ( @peteblue ) loved Rapture by Blondie .

I'm going to watch TLDP with an open mind before I tell you they are crap 😂

Good morning all. Enjoy your day @Armaghtoffee. No overtime this weekend . So far this morning I have dropped Mr F off at work at 7, been to the gym - first PT session for ages, been to Tesco and now I'm having a late breakfast from leftover Chinese from Chris and Sophie's visit yesterday afternoon/ evening. Chris has finally got an appointment for his post op scan - it is on Thursday and then he sees oncology on 10th. Keep your fingers crossed everything goes well.
I hope you have few interactions with baby today @Val P. It will be lovely for you.When is baby due? Is it September?
Have a great day everyone x

Merci mon ami.

Make you right on the rap stuff. Saw a band / woman called Noname yesterday fronted by a female singer from Chicago.

Great soulful voice until she started bloody rapping for some strange reason.

Although I'm not a great fan of rap I didn't mind the Sugar Hill Gang and of course ( @peteblue ) loved Rapture by Blondie .

I'm going to watch TLDP with an open mind before I tell you they are crap 😂
Massive day for them today. Probably the biggest moment in their short career. I hope they do themselves justice.

They aren't going to be converting any of the haters who will have already made up their mind. But they may convert some who have never seen them live and are just not that keen on their recorded stuff, and will hopefully gain new admirers amongst the hordes who have no idea who they even are. They aren't for everyone but who is?

You do know they are clashing with your girl don't you.?

Massive day for them today. Probably the biggest moment in their short career. I hope they do themselves justice.

They aren't going to be converting any of the haters who will have already made up their mind. But they may convert some who have never seen them live and are just not that keen on their recorded stuff, and will hopefully gain new admirers amongst the hordes who have no idea who they even are. They aren't for everyone but who is?

You do know they are clashing with your girl don't you.?
Yes but I've no faith in being able to watch what I want on iPlayer, no Squeeze, no Haircut 100...boooooo.

You make a very interesting point about exposure and one that me and Mrs J discussed last night.

For an emerging artist performing on a stage and even better getting TV coverage must be like gold dust. Indeed I wonder if breakthrough artists are even paid to get the privilege to play?

All joking aside I will watch them with interest.

@Barnfred 55 anyway I've seen Corinne live 3 times , North Sea Jazz Festival and Manchester.

Shy , humble and wonderful on all 3 occasions and not a swear word in sight. Unlike Joss Stone who we also saw at NSJF who swore like a trooper and castigated her band for absolutely no reason ( nasty piece of Totnes work her )
Well with TLDP you will get the humble bit. You won't get the shy bit apart from the lead guitarist, who is so talented but also so obviously uncomfortable with her new found admiration from the hardcore fans. It's quite cute to see though. Best not mention the other. :lol:

Oh man it is so cold and miserable here, Mrs bl is muttering about putting the heating on! I was searching the tv channels for Tour de France , Mark Cavendish is one of my favourite sportsmen, when I noticed a couple of things on Sky Arts later , including Blondie live in Berlin for you @peteblue , although I’m sure you’ll have seen it before.

Oh man it is so cold and miserable here, Mrs bl is muttering about putting the heating on! I was searching the tv channels for Tour de France , Mark Cavendish is one of my favourite sportsmen, when I noticed a couple of things on Sky Arts later , including Blondie live in Berlin for you @peteblue , although I’m sure you’ll have seen it before.
You won't want to watch it BL ( on Eurosport and usually ITV 4 ) Cav is really struggling on the very first climb.

Team are very concerned about him possibly dehydrated

You won't want to watch it BL ( on Eurosport and usually ITV 4 ) Cav is really struggling on the very first climb.

Team are very concerned about him possibly dehydrated
Yeah I’ve been watching ITV 4 , hopefully Cav is going to be ok . For many many years I’ve followed the TdeF despite not being a cyclist. I record it live , then often scoot through it quickly mid afternoon, pausing and watching significant points, then watch last 1/2 hour live. It’s a great event but takes too much time to watch all of it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back