Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Yeah there's the soft idiots and the nasty ones. I was referring to the latter. Maybe you were too.😀😀
I’m a big lad but reserved. I get paid to put other people’s point across but I’m more comfortable with my own space, music on.

Don’t like confrontation but won’t back down to that.

Well I had a long chat to my sister today, one that I wasn't looking forward to very much. My brother in law has been undergoing tests on his NHL condition over the last few weeks and had a meeting with his consultant on Friday.

I hadn't mentioned this in here but they'd already said that they thought his condition was aggressive and quite advanced. Well the scan results have sadly confirmed this and it has spread to 3 more of his organs. He is still very weak from the operation to remove his spleen and they didn't think it was right to put him through the extensive and highly invasive chemo that would be required, and most likely wouldn't be successful anyway. So he's now been referred to Macmillan nurses for palliative care.

At least he isn't suffering a lot of pain and discomfort at the moment, probably because the dementia nullifies pain a lot. My sister seems quite calm about things but Peter is 83 and hasn't been in the best of health for over 10 years, so I think she's known this time would come. Still sad though. No idea on timescales so it's a case of taking each sat as it comes.

My nephew in Poland doesn't know the latest yet as it was his daughter's first birthday yesterday and she didn't want to upset that, but she's phoning him tonight.

Well I had a long chat to my sister today, one that I wasn't looking forward to very much. My brother in law has been undergoing tests on his NHL condition over the last few weeks and had a meeting with his consultant on Friday.

I hadn't mentioned this in here but they'd already said that they thought his condition was aggressive and quite advanced. Well the scan results have sadly confirmed this and it has spread to 3 more of his organs. He is still very weak from the operation to remove his spleen and they didn't think it was right to put him through the extensive and highly invasive chemo that would be required, and most likely wouldn't be successful anyway. So he's now been referred to Macmillan nurses for palliative care.

At least he isn't suffering a lot of pain and discomfort at the moment, probably because the dementia nullifies pain a lot. My sister seems quite calm about things but Peter is 83 and hasn't been in the best of health for over 10 years, so I think she's known this time would come. Still sad though. No idea on timescales so it's a case of taking each sat as it comes.

My nephew in Poland doesn't know the latest yet as it was his daughter's first birthday yesterday and she didn't want to upset that, but she's phoning him tonight.
Hard news but thinking of you fella.

That’s so sad, thinking of you and your family 💙

So sorry to hear that Fred

Really sorry to read this, Fred. Sending thoughts and best wishes.💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back