Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Davies

Votes: 136 33.1%
  • Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 93 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you can only beat what's in front of you, and at the end of the day we're through to the next round, so happy with that. With the season starting in 9 days I think a lot of the worry is that we look way off the pace mate, disjointed (I know players have to gel) too many similar players, too slow, no width, bit toothless up front. I know there is plenty of time left in the window, so confident Koeman will address where we need to bring new signings in.

Rooney and Klaassen play too similiar in a similar role. I would take Rooney off the lineup.

The funniest moment of the night was Ashley Williams dummy where he let the ball roll via through his legs in the penalty area - snides again far too deep help our two oldies at the back!

Yeah Keane looks solid, get another good centre half alongside and we'll be sorted. Pickford didn't have much to do but he looks good and will be a great signing. DCL showed that he is a centre forward and looks so much better when played where he should be. I'd like to see Davies in the middle and Kenny at right back.
Too right. Unfortunately Davies's performance tonight will only mean that he'll now have pushed Kenny's chances of getting a game further backwards. Koeman has already told Kenny he's his third choice to play RB in Coleman's absence. Make that fourth choice after tonight.
Kenny is fuming and wants a loan move asap.

Out of interest, we won both games and kept clean sheets in both, not sure what else people wanted us to do, some dont seem happy but I really cant see why, we did exactly what we had to do and got a bit more pre season experience.
people expected us to smash them. To be fair i expected the first leg to be exactly what it was but i thought tonight we'd be better. Given they needed to score i thought the game would be open and it would suit us but they didn't go for it which made it a very dull game. They weren't great but they were fit and organised and they made us work hard for it. We will get better and if we make the latter stages no one will remember two poor matches in July but given the money we've spent it's not unreasonable for folks to expect more.

Too right. Unfortunately Davies's performance tonight will only mean that he'll now have pushed Kenny's chances of getting a game further backwards. Koeman has already told Kenny he's his third choice to play RB in Coleman's absence. Make that fourth choice after tonight.
Where does davies play when the Sig comes?

Out of interest, we won both games and kept clean sheets in both, not sure what else people wanted us to do, some dont seem happy but I really cant see why, we did exactly what we had to do and got a bit more pre season experience.
How about looking like a premier league team that has spent £100m improving the squad. That was miserable against a team from a very minor league.
Yes we won and that is what counts, but it doesn't bode well for the pl.
what will happen - as usual - is a player like klassen or Rooney will get injured and we will be forced to change formation and play youth, then it will miraculously work.

Team would have more energy and drive with Davies in middle and Kenny at right back. Davies isn't a wing back.

We are stil 5 players top class players away from challenging the top 4 imo. Which will take another coupe of windows.

But I thought the young players all looked good today, apart from Sandro, still very early days for him.
Good times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back