2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love when we options in one position, it’s so alien to us it’s always a fight to death amongst fans on who should start, has anyone looked at our fixtures, we’re playing every three days for the next two weeks, we’re playing knockout in the cup vs Spurs, the League leaders and the derby, you need a squad of players of compatible and conmpstible quality to be competitive in that, their all important, it’s not important who starts.

I love when we options in one position, it’s so alien to us it’s always a fight to death amongst fans on who should start, has anyone looked at our fixtures, we’re playing every three days for the next two weeks, we’re playing knockout in the cup vs Spurs, the League leaders and the derby, you need a squad of players of compatible and conmpstible quality to be competitive in that, their all important, it’s not important who starts.

For once, serious options in defence and Branthwaite on loan.

Just a pity we dont have an attacking right back. Not far off now.

Alongside Mina that should have been.

The Hop House 13 kicking in now :cheers:

Ive been reeling in horror for several mins...thanks for putting my mind at ease lol

For once, serious options in defence and Branthwaite on loan.

Just a pity we dont have an attacking right back. Not far off now.

Ive been reeling in horror for several mins...thanks for putting my mind at ease lol

I think it’s an area we will look at, but I do think Carlo likes an anchor fullback and attacking on on the opposite side, he really likes Holgate to.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a return to the wall in the up coming games, it served us well against teams ahead of us and in tougher fixtures.

I think it’s an area we will look at, but I do think Carlo likes an anchor fullback and attacking on on the opposite side, he really likes Holgate to.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a return to the wall in the up coming games, it served us well against teams ahead of us and in tougher fixtures.

I was hoping for 6+ pts against Utd, Fulham, City, RS.

We need to get the 3pts against Fulham and then ACTIVATE: Wall.

I was hoping for 6+ pts against Utd, Fulham, City, RS.

We need to get the 3pts against Fulham and then ACTIVATE: Wall.

I think it’s the first time in a while we have options, variance, balance and cover in the squad mate. Allan coming back really helps mate. But more importantly lads are improving, Gomes looks to me like he’s turning back into the player he was pre injury, Toms kicking on, The Dukes form has meant we’ve barely blinked in Allan absence, Gylfi is very underatted by our fans, Holgate gives terrific balance on that side - then I look at the bench there are options to bring about a change in the game and freshness.

I’ve said it for years good teams don’t achieve in the PL, good squad do, it was one of the contributing factors as to why we never broke the glass ceiling under Moyes - apart from that once.

We’re in a dog fight with Chelsea, Leicester, Villa, Arsenal, Spurs and Mordor, every point precious.

I think it’s the first time in a while we have options, variance, balance and cover in the squad mate. Allan coming back really helps mate. But more importantly lads are improving, Gomes looks to me like he’s turning back into the player he was pre injury, Toms kicking on, The Dukes form has meant we’ve barely blinked in Allan absence, Gylfi is very underatted by our fans, Holgate gives terrific balance on that side - then I look at the bench there are options to bring about a change in the game and freshness.

I’ve said it for years good teams don’t achieve in the PL, good squad do, it was one of the contributing factors as to why we never broke the glass ceiling under Moyes - apart from that once.

We’re in a dog fight with Chelsea, Leicester, Villa, Arsenal, Spurs and Mordor, every point precious.

We need to get to 20 wins and keep picking up these points when we cant win.

Hopefully this comeback Spurs us onto beat Spurs next :p

I find it laughable that the fella mistimed the flight of 1 ball and suddenly he cant pass, he lacks confidence and hes our 6th best CB behind Pennington.

But hey ho.
I never said he couldn't pass. Like I said he's had good season and long may it continue. Just thought he could have done better for the Cavani goal and with Mina's superior heading abilities he would have gobbled it up the cross.

He's our best centre back on the ball. He's a bit like Davies in the sense that he can do most things ok but not exceptional at any particular aspect. He's not quick he's decent in the air but not as good as Mina. What I like about him is his bravery he is willing to get stuck in.

You mean if Holgate wasnt playing and Godfrey was full back and Keane and Mina were together as they should be?
Holgate been pretty poor last couple of games, but still a very good player there imo. Don't know what it is with Keane, seems to be every time he plays against United, he has a bit of a mare. Been excellent Keane last season and a half. Maybe he tries too hard against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back