2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was probably his worst performance for a long time, but it wasn’t too bad really. It’s more that he’s set very high consistent standards.

He’s been our best player since the restart last season.

He blocked the most shots last night and made the most clearances, made the most passes and got himself an assist. Could have done more about the Cavani goal but Utd aren’t push overs they’re a good attacking side. He had an okay game. Can’t believe people think he doesn’t even make our starting XI when everyone is available lol

I think it’s the first time in a while we have options, variance, balance and cover in the squad mate. Allan coming back really helps mate. But more importantly lads are improving, Gomes looks to me like he’s turning back into the player he was pre injury, Toms kicking on, The Dukes form has meant we’ve barely blinked in Allan absence, Gylfi is very underatted by our fans, Holgate gives terrific balance on that side - then I look at the bench there are options to bring about a change in the game and freshness.

I’ve said it for years good teams don’t achieve in the PL, good squad do, it was one of the contributing factors as to why we never broke the glass ceiling under Moyes - apart from that once.

We’re in a dog fight with Chelsea, Leicester, Villa, Arsenal, Spurs and Mordor, every point precious.
I agree with most of that mate but not sure that Holgate gives us balance on the right.
He's fine in a backs to the wall type game but is so poor with distribution that he gives the ball away and invites pressure.

Weird to want to move on our best defender just as hes getting real consistency to his game.

...sometimes you have to back your judgement. I wouldn’t disagree about Keane being good this season, but I think he’s mentally fragile and always fear his level of performance will dip. I don’t think rotation suits him, he’s not the type to roll up his sleeves and scrap for his place.

Just my opinion, of course.

...sometimes you have to back your judgement. I wouldn’t disagree about Keane being good this season, but I think he’s mentally fragile and always fear his level of performance will dip. I don’t think rotation suits him, he’s not the type to roll up his sleeves and scrap for his place.

I get this, I felt the same way about six months ago. At some point though I realized that he had improved. To still be concerned after all this time is a bit of a worry...

It's still not as bad as those who don't rate Calvert-Lewin though.

I agree about rotation not suiting him, he simply has to start every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back