2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good but won a massive header under his own bar near the end of extra time.

There were tons of mistakes out there all over the park but that was Everton football. After a very poor 15 mins, everyone left everything out there and we ran till the end. Thats the blueprint going forward and hopefully we can start better too.

Odd didn’t think he looked shaky, thought he played quite well. Won some big headers towards the end, some good clearances. Three of the goals we conceded were from corners and didn’t look like he was particularly culpable. Must have been watching a different game.

Think he’s been getting some well OTT criticism recently.

Odd didn’t think he looked shaky, thought he played quite well. Won some big headers towards the end, some good clearances. Three of the goals we conceded were from corners and didn’t look like he was particularly culpable. Must have been watching a different game.

Think he’s been getting some well OTT criticism recently.
The man has been and will continue to be a huge asset for the club. Man Mountain Michael Keane

That header at the end was a match winner. Bit of an overreaction by some on his performance. Just think he was below the standards he has set himself this season.

I have no idea why you are so hostile to Keane.
Without doubt he have been one of our best players since Carlo joined.

Well, he didnt break into the team until Holgate/Mina were injured...he's been very good in a deep defence this season and half a dozen games in the lockdown period -- no disputing that.

Is he a leader...talker and does he have a winners mentality, any snide and wants to win at all costs ? On the face of it id say he was a confidence player which isnt what you want from defenders.

Lets say he wanted a change of scenery and asked to move clubs...who would be in for him as a starter?

West Ham? Villa? Im struggling to think of others...

He's slow on the turn...has limited athletic ability and I find it hard to see what he brings to the team other than a big lump in a deep defence...the same as he showed he was very effective for Burnley.

He's not the 'type' of defender who I'd choose to have at the club and i think that if theres a half decent offer for him in the summer we should certainly sell him.

To be perfectly honest, Im really amazed at the praise he gets on the forum. Not sure if its as simple as hes an unassuming English underdog type who has exceeded expectations after being really poor in anything other than a deep defence.

I dont see what all the fuss is about...

Id have Godfrey, Mina and Holgate ahead of him and i think Branthwaite will overtake him next season.

Brands and Ancelotti selling this summer would show were aiming to be at the top and capable of selling players at peak value who will soon be upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back