2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why he isn’t making the England squad. Awful in a back three, far too slow, ponderous on the ball, can’t concentrate for 90 minutes. Not good enough. I know he’s a favourite on here, but we need seriously better to progress as a club. Very very poor.

I like Keane but its funny when people say Koulibaly wouldn't be a top signing for us in the summer.

Streets ahead of all our CB's.

one of his worst performances in a everton shirt today. Gave the ball away in some terrible positions, Constantly looses the flight of the ball from simple over the top balls and was at fault for the goal imo. If we had to get rid on one cb this season it'd be him.

This is why he isn’t making the England squad. Awful in a back three, far too slow, ponderous on the ball, can’t concentrate for 90 minutes. Not good enough. I know he’s a favourite on here, but we need seriously better to progress as a club. Very very poor.

Amazed people rate him so highly on here.

one of his worst performances in a everton shirt today. Gave the ball away in some terrible positions, Constantly looses the flight of the ball from simple over the top balls and was at fault for the goal imo. If we had to get rid on one cb this season it'd be him.

He should be sold...

...not his worst performance though, hes been much much much worse plenty of times.

Amazed people rate him so highly on here.

He should be sold...

...not his worst performance though, hes been much much much worse plenty of times.

He’s nowhere near good enough. Nowhere near. It’s just sentiment from Everton fans that believe he is. No other top half team would touch him.

Let’s not forget we’ve all been reading on here all week that we don’t need a new CB. We’re set for years apparently.

The big problem Is the quality in the whole squad, especially With a few injuries. Non of the 3 CB’s are that great on the ball, none of them bring the ball forward, which you need in a 3. Holgate played one good ball, everyone after that was straight to one of their players.

Coleman did a couple of nice things, but was his usual huff & puff, Digne did ok, but maybe should do better playing wing back.

And Tom Davies was shockingly bad, back to normal for Tom. Offers nothing, slow, week. Get bullied like the Burnley goal, and when he’s not get bullied, he end up on the deck and giving a foul away

Meh, awful for that equaliser but it's not him missing sitter after sitter or throwing on a fella in midfield who hasn't played in near 2 years to see the game out when it's on a knife-edge. He and Mina can't play in a 3, only Holgate can (who looked good tonight btw). I'll forgive him but he should be having nightmares over getting caught out like that.

Last edited:
Let’s not forget we’ve all been reading on here all week that we don’t need a new CB. We’re set for years apparently.

The big problem Is the quality in the whole squad, especially With a few injuries. Non of the 3 CB’s are that great on the ball, none of them bring the ball forward, which you need in a 3. Holgate played one good ball, everyone after that was straight to one of their players.

Coleman did a couple of nice things, but was his usual huff & puff, Digne did ok, but maybe should do better playing wing back.

And Tom Davies was shockingly bad, back to normal for Tom. Offers nothing, slow, week. Get bullied like the Burnley goal, and when he’s not get bullied, he end up on the deck and giving a foul away

Digne Allan James. Every single other player in our squad struggles to play football.

Meh, awful for that equaliser but it's not him missing sitter after sitter or throwing on a fella in midfield who hasn't played in near 2 years to see the game out when it's on a knife-edge. He and Mina can't play in a 3, only Holgate can (who looked tonight btw). I'll forgive him but he should be having nightmares over getting caught out like that.

Totally agree about him and Mina in a 3. Would have been better going to a back 4 with Godfrey/Holgate at right back and the other in midfield.

...I think that’s more about prioritisation, Stephen. We are ok short-term with Godfrey/Mina and Holgate, Keane as back-up. It becomes extravagant if we bring in another CB unless Mina is on his way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back