2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least of our problems, him and Godfrey could make a CB partnership for next 5 or 6 years.
He's not our biggest problem by a long stretch

Problem is he's just not very good either, hes been caught flat footed by the same ball for 4 years and has no way of stopping because he's so slow. He'd be my first cb out the door on the summer if we was to bring someone else in.

It would come down to him or mina and mina for me is the far better CB

If this guy is the least of our problems then we are in major trouble. He’s nowhere near the likes of Jagielka Lescott Yobo Distin at their peaks with us and they were in teams that came 5th at best. That shows how far the standard gap is between centrebacks at the top of the prem and Michael Keane. He’s an absolute mile off.

Absolute dog yesterday.

Probably should have conceded from one or two of his wayward passes, his aimless headers into the oppo midfield, or by vacating his position.

Had a good year this year in some respects, but I think the system we play has masked some major faults he continues to exhibit. If I was an oppo team and he was playing, I would be looking to target him all day long.

Wouldn’t go that far, but of our 4 recognised CB’s he is the weakest link.
In order of choice, Mina, Godfrey (default first choice pairing) and Holgate (next) should be selected ahead of him yes. The jury is out on Branthwaite but early signs were promising but we should be looking to cash in on his English-ness this summer. Would expect a Newcastle, Brighton or newly promoted side would be willing to shellack out 7-10m for him. Time to move on some of the remaining Koeman era players is well overdue.
In terms of a replacement, the mooted Koulibaly link is concerning given his age and our horrendous training/injury record this season especially with the older players.

Folk have very short memories, some fans. Centre back is our strongest area of the squad in terms of quality and depth. We shouldn’t be looking to sell any of them, rather building up the other areas of the squad where the lack of quality and depth is glaring. Keep our current centre back options and prioritise:

Right back
Midfield (pathetically weak, our biggest problem by a mile and has been for years) overhaul of midfield/wide midfield options.
A back up striker

That would see a massive improvement in the squad and in turn, performances.

I mean even if he doesn't get it... It's going to Kane because Holgate is too busy looking on the ground for his chewing gum. Hardly a mistake

I knew once he didn’t get selected by England that he’d go on a downward spiral with his form - quite possibly one of the most mentally weak players to put on the royal blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back