2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

....I posted we should look to sell when he was playing well and his stock was high. It’s what the best Managers/DoF do with players they know will revert to a level they have regularly witnessed.

Keane is ok if you protect his vulnerabilities but he’s woefully exposed when you don’t. There is a benchmark for defenders and: who would you least enjoy playing against? I guarantee that every striker in this league likes the prospect of facing Keane, you can bully him, he lacks aggression, he won’t hurt you, he’s immobile & as slow as an old boat.

....he was terrific, I’m not doubting that but he’s very fragile and Managers have to back their judgement and move disposable assets on when there’s interest. Keane is most definitely a disposable asset.
Absolutely. It is the " he is turd" comments I object to. Fickleness at its peak

He was terrible last night, constantly turned inside out dragged around from pillar to post seemed to have little idea what he was doing.

He showed his worst 'Jethro' side last night. Very slow in thought and deed... the amount of times he dithers with the ball then gets his attempted pass blocked is a disgrace.

....I posted we should look to sell when he was playing well and his stock was high. It’s what the best Managers/DoF do with players they know will revert to a level they have regularly witnessed.

Keane is ok if you protect his vulnerabilities but he’s woefully exposed when you don’t. There is a benchmark for defenders and: who would you least enjoy playing against? I guarantee that every striker in this league likes the prospect of facing Keane, you can bully him, he lacks aggression, he won’t hurt you, he’s immobile & as slow as an old boat.

....he was terrific, I’m not doubting that but he’s very fragile and Managers have to back their judgement and move disposable assets on when there’s interest. Keane is most definitely a disposable asset.

Pretty much spot on.

The only thing i would say is that "terrific" is the right word but, when used in a deep defence.

I can understand why he was given an extension with his contract running out...but I hope it was with a view to maximising his resale value THIS summer.

Mina is the superior player, younger and seems to have the 'mentality' managers look for both on and off the pitch. However, he is also known to pick up injuries and he himself only has 2 years left.

With Godfrey, Holgate and Branthwaite a 4th choice option then I would hope both Keane and Mina are sold and we invested in a top quality undisputed starter to partner Godfrey.

Absolutely. It is the " he is turd" comments I object to. Fickleness at its peak

The posters that complain about our 'style of play' are generally the ones that think Keane is top notch.

The posters who dont rate Keane are generally those who dont like the style of play but understand that to play on the front foot Keans weaknesses are exposed.

I think 99% of the forum can agree that hes great in a back 4 sitting deep...he is just dreadful otherwise.

If we want to see more expansive play he'll be a liability. Fine when we defend deeper but his slowness of thought and the turning circle of a supertanker will always be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back