Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Keane I back him when he’s beside Godfrey, he needs pace to help him which is one thing he clearly lacks. Often times last season when we were under pressure he was the one who was heading everything away.
He simply just can’t play a high line alongside Holgate, who almost always has an error in him per game.
That is his strength and why we payed Burnley so much money. If we are under the cosh and camped then Yes he is an asset but his problem is defending higher up the pitch

That is his strength and why we payed Burnley so much money. If we are under the cosh and camped then Yes he is an asset but his problem is defending higher up the pitch

….I don’t really get this higher up the pitch theory. Slow defenders are slow defenders. He turns like a boat in the area or out of the area. Have a look at Lukaku spinning him and leaving him for dead in the Gwladys St penalty area when he played for Burnley. Sure, it’s higher risk when there’s more space in behind but there’s still rIsk.

He’s the best aerial CB at the club, some of the crosses he gets on the end of stick in the memory, but he’s lacks aggression and combativeness. I honestly think strikers at this level look forward to facing him.

….I don’t really get this higher up the pitch theory. Slow defenders are slow defenders. He turns like a boat in the area or out of the area. Have a look at Lukaku spinning him and leaving him for dead in the Gwladys St penalty area when he played for Burnley. Sure, it’s higher risk when there’s more space in behind but there’s still rIsk.

He’s the best aerial CB at the club, some of the crosses he gets on the end of stick in the memory, but he’s lacks aggression and combativeness. I honestly think strikers at this level look forward to facing him.
That was my point really. Crosses galore and he is in his element on the floor and out of his comfort zone. He really is not that good except to deal with aerial bombardment..............we need better all round players. 1 trick pony as they say

Carthorse.

Just a below average footballer. Can’t actually play football, is just a stopper.
That’s very effective for Burnley, who sit back and soak up pressure, but it just doesn’t work. This is his… 4th? 5th season and he’s just not a player who’s going to help us get where we need to be.

Another chapter of the Keane catalogue of errors.

I know we wont do but would much rather we go 352 with Mina, Godfrey and Holgate and Gbamin alongside Allan and Doucoure think they'll cause big problems for our midfield & defence if we go with the 4231

Probably need to wait and see what personnel are available next week first. I'm hoping all the covid issues will be over by then but we dont know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back