2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be fair to Keane I back him when he’s beside Godfrey, he needs pace to help him which is one thing he clearly lacks. Often times last season when we were under pressure he was the one who was heading everything away.
He simply just can’t play a high line alongside Holgate, who almost always has an error in him per game.

I think we’d be better off telling the likes of Keane and holgate if in doubt to play balls into the channels.

Trying to slide intricate passes into midfield is beyond them and although Keane was caught holgate was chancing it a couple of times as well

Keane played well in quite a few games but unfortunately he is mentally fragile and I would put him as 4th choice. If possible I would sell and bring in a left footer but if we go with the 4/5 we've got he should just be back up.

Bit unfair some of the criticism he gets. The way I see it is that if played as a no nonsense centre back in a deep sitting defence he does a brilliant job.

But other than that, he's very poor at premier league level if played in a high line where the onus is on us to break down the opponents. That was the case today, perhaps he had been instructed to try to retain possession when possible and in doing so he got caught out.

But really with our aspirations, he's not a player who really fits into our style with the exception of away fixtures against stronger teams. Therefore he should be kept as a backup, or we should sell to a team like his old club Burnley as he is perfectly suited for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.