2024/25 Michael Keane

Shouldn't be anywhere near the squad imo, but the game we conceded 6 (Chelsea) I don't think he started.
We had a 6ft 6 CB on the bench swap any CH & we would have won that came plus swap ped Dixon for Shamus who looked knackered - instead he took our two best forwards off & put his stupid players on .... that were not fit to lace the other players boots = he needs sacking Dyche..... Had enough his tame excuse we were playing one twos at the end - no we collapsed back because of his wrong substitutions

We had a 6ft 6 CB on the bench swap any CH & we would have won that came plus swap ped Dixon for Shamus who looked knackered - instead he took our two best forwards off & put his stupid players on .... that were not fit to lace the other players boots = he needs sacking Dyche..... Had enough his tame excuse we were playing one twos at the end - no we collapsed back because of his wrong substitutions
Dixon showed enough against Spurs to show he can be trusted. Agree about o'Brien.
Why he took Ndiaye off I have no idea as soon as that happened Bournemouth pushed up higher, they were terrified of him. He was fatigued? Didn't look it to me. Tim, Seamus were fatigued.

I totally agree that the defeat is mainly on Dyche, but again the spineless nature of a lot of this squad shone through. None more so than Keane.

Dixon showed enough against Spurs to show he can be trusted. Agree about o'Brien.
Why he took Ndiaye off I have no idea as soon as that happened Bournemouth pushed up higher, they were terrified of him. He was fatigued? Didn't look it to me. Tim, Seamus were fatigued.

I totally agree that the defeat is mainly on Dyche, but again the spineless nature of a lot of this squad shone through. None more so than Keane.
Any CB could have gone off Dixon to replace Shamus, who for 80 minutes played very well like all the team - Gardener on for Tim the new winger for Harrison etc but no lets give my mate Doucs a game & let's replace our rejuvenated no 9 now he is staying - cost us the game it could have been 5 if Pickford had not pulled off to great saves - he should have been sacked last night & the DOF ....

Any CB could have gone off Dixon to replace Shamus, who for 80 minutes played very well like all the team - Gardener on for Tim the new winger for Harrison etc but no lets give my mate Doucs a game & let's replace our rejuvenated no 9 now he is staying - cost us the game it could have been 5 if Pickford had not pulled off to great saves - he should have been sacked last night & the DOF ....
We were playing some good stuff and it was refreshing. I just can't understand how a team can capitulate like that after being so in control.
I wish Doucoure had received a one way ticket to Saudi.
We've a couple of weeks break and this is where we can address the Dyche problem.

That would still be a problem under a new manager. I can`t understand Dyche`s thinking behind his subs, am I right in thinking you can make 5 subs still? He seems to wait until as late as possible to make a sub when good managers make changes when they are in control of a game to stay in control. They are n`t going to get to 85 mins thinking the points are in the bag, put on a CF to waste a few seconds, and end up with the car crash of a finish we got yesterday.
Keane just seems to be around every time we get a bad result to make me feel like he`s a jinx.

Scored our 1st goal. Tarky gets off scot free from criticism. He is an easy target - when in reality the whole team are absolute crap.

Lots of problems in the squad, agreed. But Tarkowski is not one of them.

The stats say Keane is a horrendous problem however:
We'll go down if Keane keeps starting games.

Look at his record: last season he made nine prem appearances and we lost seven of those games. Only once did we keep a clean sheet when he started a game. We conceded 2+ goals in five of those nine games.

Back in 22-23, he made 12 prem appearances... Seven draws (only one clean sheet), four losses and one win (also a clean sheet). Conceded two or more in seven of those games.

Keane is a fundamentally flawed player who costs us goals, and results, at a disproportionate and alarming rate. Opponents can play balls on the ground into space behind him and he can't turn or run to get to them. He can't position himself to win a header so gets beaten in the air over and over in every game.

I don't care that he pops up with a goal or two every season. We lose 50% of the games in which he plays. We concede 2+ in virtually 60% of the games where he appears. In his last 24 prem appearances we've kept FOUR clean sheets... against Palace, Brentford, Burnley and then Brentford again. Although he only played one minute in the more recent Brentford fixture.

Keane is utter poison. If he plays 20 games this season we'll lose at least ten of them and concede thirty goals in the process. He's beyond finished and should never, ever play a prem game for Everton ever again.

We were playing some good stuff and it was refreshing. I just can't understand how a team can capitulate like that after being so in control.
I wish Doucoure had received a one way ticket to Saudi.
We've a couple of weeks break and this is where we can address the Dyche problem.
We found him a club , but his greed did not send him there, worse luck for us ....

I didn't catch the game yesterday but I'm getting the impression that he's solely responsible for all 3 goals, is that true or an exaggeration?
It's an exaggeration. Did he contribute to us conceding? I'd say yes, either directly or indirectly, because my take is that the defence worry when he plays.

Our back line consistently drops a yard back when he is playing, and is there confidence that he will win balls in the air? I'd say not.

I am a person who naturally looks for the positives and I'll do my best to defend people, but the statistical evidence and the anecdotal (what I see with my eyes)...

... tells me that we're far more vulnerable with him in the side.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back