2024/25 Michael Keane

We had a 6ft 6 CB on the bench swap any CH & we would have won that came plus swap ped Dixon for Shamus who looked knackered - instead he took our two best forwards off & put his stupid players on .... that were not fit to lace the other players boots = he needs sacking Dyche..... Had enough his tame excuse we were playing one twos at the end - no we collapsed back because of his wrong substitutions

Agreed. After their first they were clearly going for it. Bring O’Neil on and we have 3 tall defenders to defend from their crosses.

Gives the tiring Coleman and Mykolenko less space to cover.

I’d also rather see an experienced Young (I know) come on for the final minutes to waste time and also fresh legs as Coleman was getting targeted purposely.

Agreed. After their first they were clearly going for it. Bring O’Neil on and we have 3 tall defenders to defend from their crosses.

Gives the tiring Coleman and Mykolenko less space to cover.

I’d also rather see an experienced Young (I know) come on for the final minutes to waste time and also fresh legs as Coleman was getting targeted purposely.
Dixon was the GOT MOTM last week at right back he & the new tall CH - we would have won plus a replacement for Tim ....in midfield ....

Dyche is useless - should have been sacked last night ....

I didn't catch the game yesterday but I'm getting the impression that he's solely responsible for all 3 goals, is that true or an exaggeration?
He wasn't SOLELY responsible. Had any of the fullbacks stopped any of those crosses then Keane wouldn't have been exposed for his lack of pace (couldn't cut out the first one), lack of positioning or inability to compete for a ball in the air (the second two).

Having said that, we're not being unreasonable asking a CB to actually defend, are we?

Just leave Michael Keane alone you monsters, he's our goal machine.

MKC3.jpg

I think the last two games he has not been worse than any other player TBH a great goal he scored too - showing two upfront DCL can lay a ball off to any player ....

Clueless statement. See below.

The ball watching for the winning goal sums up exactly why he’s so bad. Most people won’t see that as a direct error, and it won’t be recorded on the stats as one, but a proper centre half is scanning the area, seeing the lad ghosting in at the back post and putting himself in a position to clear the cross. He doesn’t have a clue the lad is there, because he hasn’t checked over his shoulder. This is what people are talking about when they say he causes us to leak 3+ goals per game, it’s little things like this rather than outwardly booting it in his own net or playing a striker clean through.

People have been telling me he’s been “fine” because he hasn’t made a direct howler that’s gifted the opposition a goal, but he hasn’t been fine because he’s not been doing basic duties that a centre back should be doing. It’s just about understanding the game really.

Lots of problems in the squad, agreed. But Tarkowski is not one of them.

The stats say Keane is a horrendous problem however:
You write that as if it's a suprise we get beat so often and are looking for a scapegoat.
In reality the whole tean has been awful for 3 years - and every player is responsible for the terrible form.
Didn't we go 4 months without a win? 4 months! I'd boot Myko and Young before Keane. He's also better than Holgate and Godfrey.

The other CH was no better in the last 8 minutes either .....
I'd argue that playing next to Keane is unsettling for the other players in the back 4. A good defensive line is all about everyone being in the right place at the right time, covering eachother if they need to.

It's what makes Branthwaite such a good player, obviously he's a beast physically but his reading of the game is what makes him elite. Always in the right place, facing the right way to be able to deal with whatevers coming.

If you watch Keane closely it's the total opposite. He's always slightly out of position, normally facing the complete wrong direction and having to twist his body and look over his shoulder to see where the danger is.

I don't think Tarkowski is fully fit but don't think it's helped him having to babysit Keane through these 3 matches.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back