Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to a Burnley mate yesterday. He mentioned that the club are under no financial pressure to sell, and if we don't meet the asking price - rumoured £30m?, they are happy for him to stay and run his contract down. So do we pay over the odds now and get him in early, or hope no one else comes in and try and strike a compromise later in the window.

That's nonsense.

Spoke to a Burnley mate yesterday. He mentioned that the club are under no financial pressure to sell, and if we don't meet the asking price - rumoured £30m?, they are happy for him to stay and run his contract down. So do we pay over the odds now and get him in early, or hope no one else comes in and try and strike a compromise later in the window.

Index.

I never understand why holidays should hold up a transfer at this time of year.
The players have been off for several weeks already and still have a couple more to go.
Transfers of Premiership players are costing many millions of pounds and we are told a player can't take a day away to secure his football future for the next few years and his financial future for life because lying on a beach somewhere is more important.
We are all human mate and all deserve a holiday.

We are under no financial pressure to sell Barkley. But when a player has 1 year left then you don't pay top dollar unless your stupid.

A lad (and his dad) I know well are both STH at Turf Moor and rate him highly, he's had a good season in a team that have over achieved, their view is that he's at least as good as Stones.
Has me nervous, this bit. Doesn't seem too hard to be as good as Stones. Stones is plop every time I watch him. Turned inside out by the French team and lost his place at City to an outside back for a time.

Maybe not.
Sean dyche admitted as much. They are under no pressure to sell any of their players.
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/other/

There playing the game, fair play to them, we played hard with our players over the years, now its the other way around I guess. If the fee is 30m we should just do it, afterall we know we can get close to that for Barkley and at least twice as much for Rom, its not like we cant afford it and Burnley know this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back