Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most incredible thing about that is that it was planned. They brought an outfield kit with "James 1" on the back, it wasn't a decision made on a whim that he was forced into. What an utter creature, what was he thinking?

There's a good mention of this on the comments section. What's more worrying - the fact they threw him up top or that it was planned as part of his tactics?

Thoughts on Keane? Can he and Williams forge a formidable partnership or do you expect one more to come in ?
Depends what our priorities are and what our budget is. If we have serious aspirations about a top 4, we definitely need 2 centre halves. Keane would be a very good addition, but we are crying out for another centre back with pace in order that we push higher up the pitch. Williams (who I was so delighted with at the time) is an organiser, but distribution is poor. I'd sacrifice Mori (in today's market we could get 12-15m for him) and jagielka (releases his wages). That would leave us with Holgate, Williams, hopefully Keane and AN Other. Lemos ( of Villarreal) who we have been linked with, lacks pace by all accounts, so I'd be reluctant to go with him. I just hope when Walsh was on his recent trip to Italy (one of the worlds best defender producing country's) I just hope a agile ball player centre half was on the agenda.

Depends what our priorities are and what our budget is. If we have serious aspirations about a top 4, we definitely need 2 centre halves. Keane would be a very good addition, but we are crying out for another centre back with pace in order that we push higher up the pitch. Williams (who I was so delighted with at the time) is an organiser, but distribution is poor. I'd sacrifice Mori (in today's market we could get 12-15m for him) and jagielka (releases his wages). That would leave us with Holgate, Williams, hopefully Keane and AN Other. Lemos ( of Villarreal) who we have been linked with, lacks pace by all accounts, so I'd be reluctant to go with him. I just hope when Walsh was on his recent trip to Italy (one of the worlds best defender producing country's) I just hope a agile ball player centre half was on the agenda.
How many centre halfs we end up
With will be an indicator of our aim. I'm not sure what real chance we have of top 4 but with only Keane it's very little in my opinion, we really need 2 in & completely agree about pace.

Would love Davidson Sanchez Rashford couldn't get away from him ake is also
Rapid but looks like we are too late. Genuinely never seen lemos kick a ball

How many centre halfs we end up
With will be an indicator of our aim. I'm not sure what real chance we have of top 4 but with only Keane it's very little in my opinion, we really need 2 in & completely agree about pace.

Would love Davidson Sanchez Rashford couldn't get away from him ake is also
Rapid but looks like we are too late. Genuinely never seen lemos kick a ball
Like your shout of Sanchez;)

Not you ball playing CB, but I'd take Gibson from boro....as you said offload Mori n Jagielka.

Think Keane n Gibson could be solid together

Like Lescott and Jags?

Oh to have them two now at their prime with Baines as well we would be some team.

Hi guys just thought I'd sign up to reply to this post regarding signing a CB with pace. Keane is one of if not the fastest player we have at Burnley including Andre gray, he has phenomenal pace which we will miss big time it allows us to play do higher than what we should be. Many a time last season he kept up with the best the league had to offer keep an eye out for this particular asset he has very underrated.

Hi guys just thought I'd sign up to reply to this post regarding signing a CB with pace. Keane is one of if not the fastest player we have at Burnley including Andre gray, he has phenomenal pace which we will miss big time it allows us to play do higher than what we should be. Many a time last season he kept up with the best the league had to offer keep an eye out for this particular asset he has very underrated.

do you think you guys are going to have a big struggle on your hands next season if he does come, especially if gray makes the move somewhere?

do you think you guys are going to have a big struggle on your hands next season if he does come, especially if gray makes the move somewhere?
It's all really depending on who we get as a replacement but its highly unlikely that a player of his calibre will fall in our hands again. We will struggle massively he contributed to everything we did good last season but its the pace we will miss the most.

It's all really depending on who we get as a replacement but its highly unlikely that a player of his calibre will fall in our hands again. We will struggle massively he contributed to everything we did good last season but its the pace we will miss the most.

yeah, that's what i was thinking, no offence intended. We face the same with lukaku, but will probably go down a totally different route with multiple replacements with probably none being the same sort of player.

Still hoping we can get another one in along with Keane. None of: Jagielka, Mori or Williams are good enough.
I think that would be ideal, but I think we could survive with one improved CB, one improved GK, and imrproved CM play. The reality is we were only 5 goals allowed from being 4th in the league defensively. Our struggle to keep pace was the 16 goals we were short of 4th on the scoring side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back