Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is young and has already demonstrated promising ability. The fact United were considering him shows this.

Jagielka and Williams are way past it and Mori deteriorated massively after showing some early promise.

Mori is utter garbo, Jags is ALMOST done, Williams didnt have a great season, but still has something to offer, but I do admit, I think we need 2 new starting CBs, I would sell Mori and keep Jags and Williams as back up.

Mori is utter garbo, Jags is ALMOST done, Williams didnt have a great season, but still has something to offer, but I do admit, I think we need 2 new starting CBs, I would sell Mori and keep Jags and Williams as back up.

That's what I'm sayin'...funny how all of a sudden nobody's good enough because we're throwing some money around. Rubbish.

Statistically after a break as bad as that he'll struggle to return to the same level and even if he does it'll take months of regular football to get upto pace. Also after injuries like that players tend to pick up niggly injuries frequently (such as Eduardo, Ramsey and our own Oviedo) I personally think we should either bring Kenny through the ranks and hope he can make the RB spot his own or sign a decent RB like Soares and prepare for the likely possibility of Seamus not returning to the highest level.

Signing Martina makes no sense whatsoever.

Why not be positive and say you hope he comes back even better than before.

You do not know how he will be at all.

I agree with you, actually.

We've hopefully got a lot of games to be playing, so we're going to need a big squad.

Whether Jags and Williams will be happy being in the 'B Team' is another story.

It will be Keane brought in with someone like Lemos. Promote Kenny, maybe we sign Martina and then Holgate will be moved central.

4 central defenders - Keane, Lemos, Holgate, Williams. Maybe another?

I agree with you, actually.

We've hopefully got a lot of games to be playing, so we're going to need a big squad.

Whether Jags and Williams will be happy being in the 'B Team' is another story.

They are both good pros, I doubt either will sulk, if we did sign 2 maybe Jags would ask to move on, cos he wants to play at his age, not warm a bench, I think its likely we will sign Keane + 1 and Jags will move on, leaving Williams, Mori, Galloway and Holgate as "back up", but if we only sign 1, I wouldnt feel that bad with Keane and Williams, its not Nesta and Cannavaro, but it will do the job, IMO.

Why not be positive and say you hope he comes back even better than before.

You do not know how he will be at all.

Everyone in football hopes he'll make a 100% recovery but the top clubs have to prepare for the inevitable and if we are serious about where we want to go we should be signing a adequate RB who can if in worse case scenario take the starting spot, not Martina who if Coleman comes back half the player having us stuck with no quality in that position like we had with Robles and Steklenburg this season in the GK position.

Utd could have offered Zlatan a 1 year deal as a gesture of goodwill but they never as they are ruthless and want to be at the top, im not advocating that and was glad we signed Seamus up to a new deal but we need to be smart and not be all heart and no business in assuming he has a starting 11 position saved for him which is essentially what we would be doing by signing Martina.

How do you think you'll get on next season without Keane? My father in law has watched burnley about 6 times this season (his sister is a burnley ST holder) and each time he has told me how impressed he was with Keane. I'm sure Dyche will use the money wisely, surely your board will give him all the money raised from the Keane sale to invest in the team.
The thought of Andre Gray joining Everton has not gone down as well with many on here. What are his strengths, do you think he could do a job at Everton? I have my doubts.
We will struggle to replace him that's a given. As for gray mixed emotions from Burnley fans as for me I think he's garbage has such a poor first touch you can see why he was playing non league not long ago can't for the life of me see why you would sign him. Can't stay onside and more interested in his bird from some girl band called little mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back