Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane represents a coup for us.

He is v highly thought of within football, on the cusp of being an England regular and heir to the throne of Cahill.

Leadership qualities; good schooling at UTD.

It will get people taking notice, especially as he is on the lists of the top clubs in the country, albeit maybe not there first choices quite yet.

I'd say almost the complete opposite.

Coleman deserves to be given the chance to prove himself when he returns. He's suffered a bad injury but if anyone can overcome that it's Coleman.

I fail to see how Kenny - who is untried in the Premier League - is expected to start every game in all competitions next season. It's absurd to suggest it.

But what's stopping us from signing an adequate RB and have at best case scenario, said signing and Coleman competing for the RB position like the top teams have e.g. Walker/Trippier or in worst case scenario Seamus doesn't come back the same player/picks up frequent injuries and we still have a good enough player in that position to cover for him - not some joker like Martina or a kid out of position like Holgate.

Effectively signing Martina says "right Seamus the starting 11 position is yours regardless" and it's incredibly a romantic notion. I understand it as he's a top player who's injury came about through no fault of his own, but if we are serious about challenging on all fronts and pushing the top 6 we need quality/good cover in every position especially when said player has suffered a terrible injury and may not return to the highest level as sad as that is.

Obviously last season's loan was a disaster for the lad and he has effectively lost 12 months of his career out of it. I really don't think he will come straight back into the fold here, but maybe a loan to one of the newly promoted clubs (but not Newcastle) could resurrect his career.

It was a kick in the nuts for the lad, but MAYBE hes being thought of with regards back up to Leighton? That will of course depend on any signings we make.

Its hard to say how it will go for a few of the young uns, Pennington for 1.

But what's stopping us from signing an adequate RB and have at best case scenario, said signing and Coleman competing for the RB position like the top teams have e.g. Walker/Trippier or in worst case scenario Seamus doesn't come back the same player/picks up frequent injuries and we still have a good enough player in that position to cover for him - not some joker like Martina or a kid out of position like Holgate.

Effectively signing Martina says "right Seamus the starting 11 position is yours regardless" and it's incredibly a romantic notion. I understand it as he's a top player who's injury came about through no fault of his own, but if we are serious about challenging on all fronts and pushing the top 6 we need quality/good cover in every position.

Spurs are probably 1 of only a few sides with good cover at Fullback to be fair, can you name any other side with 4 good fullbacks?

i was on to win £50 on hull getting relegated so i almost hated him for life, but no, he didn't really look like a footballer for us. a keane for mccarthy swap seems good enough to me, both the same sort of price (given keane's contract). Lookman's ours though, the loveable little scamp.
McCarthy £25m your Avin a laff? Keane for McCarthy plus £15m he's been non existent for a year.

Hope things pick up for him, whether here or elsewhere...I thought he might kick on a little after I thought he did well at Castle Greyskull in Jags hit and hope match.

Feel a bit for players like him, hes waited and waited for a chance and hes picked up injuries mostly at the wrong time, sometimes it just doesnt happen for players, maybe hes not good enough, maybe he hasnt kicked on as much as he should, but as you say, hopefully the lad does alright for himself.

Effectively signing Martina says "right Seamus the starting 11 position is yours regardless" and it's incredibly a romantic notion. I understand it as he's a top player who's injury came about through no fault of his own, but if we are serious about challenging on all fronts and pushing the top 6 we need quality/good cover in every position especially when said player has suffered a terrible injury and may not return to the highest level as sad as that is.
I couldn't have been more impressed with Toljan from Germany's under 21s, maybe he could be a realistic signing. Then I got thinking about the outstanding RB from the under 20 World Cup - of course our own JJ. If heaven forbid, Coleman didn't come back the same player, or had complications with regard to his fitness (like Oviedo) following his return, then maybe the purchase of Toljan would be more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back