Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deluded Geordies tried to get him for 16m in January. There is absolutely no chance you would get McCarthy for 10m. However if you can get the lad on the park and fully fit (and pay the asking price, which I guess would be around 20m) then he'd definitely be a fans favourite at turf moor.
Your right you still got besic lying round anywhere?

United play Ashley freaking Young at fullback for Gods sake.

We currently have 1 Fullback in the entire first team squad, a 32 year old LB and people are wondering why we need cover.

SMFH mert.

And I know for a FACT that 99.9% of people who are writing Martina off havent watched more than 30seconds of the lad in their entire life.
Antonio Valencia was a similar position change which has worked out very well for them. But having played as a winger for most of his career you have to think that he was put there out of desperation and just happened to be alright at it, and grew in to the position from there.

Yep he would be a coup, same as the young guy from Eupen, same as Sandro (if I dare), Pickford, Klaassen. Sexy FC!

Keane is very solid, watched quite a bit of Burnley last season after it was suggested we might be interested and thought I would be amazed if we could get him.
I am 'amazed' that Chelsea, RS and city aren't at least interested in the lad. Due to the shortage of decent centre halves around, he's English, premier league experience and as prices go - a realistic price in the current market.

Spurs are probably 1 of only a few sides with good cover at Fullback to be fair, can you name any other side with 4 good fullbacks?

Don't get me wrong mate I agree but my point is the club's stance is what I would expect if we had a fully fit Coleman and I would understand the Martina signing but we dont have a fully fit Coleman. We all wish him well but the club if they are as ambitious as what they say have a duty to prepare for the possibility of Seamus taking a good while to come back to his peak level if at all, and signing Martina who's nothing but a plug to cover the RB spot if needed isn't good enough imo as it leaves us at risk of being incredibly weak at the RB position.

I'm not advocating writing Seamus off or spending £30 million on another RB but surely there is a decent RB out there who we could get for a snip price and provide us with some good cover along with Kenny whilst Coleman is out?

Really can't see us signing a second centre half this window, I think surprise offers would have to come in for some of our defenders for us to buy another CB.

Jags has been very vocal about this summer and saying it's going to be an incredible time of ins and outs (players), that is not something you would hear from someone leaving so I think he might be staying or he has decided he will leave to get definite first team experience. Could totally be that. I don't think Williams had a terrible season like some people are claiming but I do think Mori will be off. With Holgate there, there is perhaps not room for another CB. I don't think Williams would be happy on bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back