Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what's stopping us from signing an adequate RB and have at best case scenario, said signing and Coleman competing for the RB position like the top teams have e.g. Walker/Trippier or in worst case scenario Seamus doesn't come back the same player/picks up frequent injuries and we still have a good enough player in that position to cover for him - not some joker like Martina or a kid out of position like Holgate.

Effectively signing Martina says "right Seamus the starting 11 position is yours regardless" and it's incredibly a romantic notion. I understand it as he's a top player who's injury came about through no fault of his own, but if we are serious about challenging on all fronts and pushing the top 6 we need quality/good cover in every position especially when said player has suffered a terrible injury and may not return to the highest level as sad as that is.
I disagree. I think it could possibly be that Koeman sees Kenny as good enough for the first team and so he will be the preferred choice (providing he does okay). Perhaps the hope is that When Coleman comes back we will have 2 good right backs who can fight it out for the starting spot.

As @MorgsGoat said, there's not many teams with 2 good players in each fullback role. Only Spurs have, most other teams have a much inferior player to their first choice starter or have players out of position.

Hi guys just thought I'd sign up to reply to this post regarding signing a CB with pace. Keane is one of if not the fastest player we have at Burnley including Andre gray, he has phenomenal pace which we will miss big time it allows us to play do higher than what we should be. Many a time last season he kept up with the best the league had to offer keep an eye out for this particular asset he has very underrated.
I do think people tend to underestimate Keane's pace. He is not at all slow.

Keane represents a coup for us.

He is v highly thought of within football, on the cusp of being an England regular and heir to the throne of Cahill.

Leadership qualities; good schooling at UTD.

It will get people taking notice, especially as he is on the lists of the top clubs in the country, albeit maybe not there first choices quite yet.

Yep he would be a coup, same as the young guy from Eupen, same as Sandro (if I dare), Pickford, Klaassen. Sexy FC!

Keane is very solid, watched quite a bit of Burnley last season after it was suggested we might be interested and thought I would be amazed if we could get him.

We will struggle to replace him that's a given. As for gray mixed emotions from Burnley fans as for me I think he's garbage has such a poor first touch you can see why he was playing non league not long ago can't for the life of me see why you would sign him. Can't stay onside and more interested in his bird from some girl band called little mix.

Well...we are used to that up top....

McCarthy £25m your Avin a laff? Keane for McCarthy plus £15m he's been non existent for a year.
The deluded Geordies tried to get him for 16m in January. There is absolutely no chance you would get McCarthy for 10m. However if you can get the lad on the park and fully fit (and pay the asking price, which I guess would be around 20m) then he'd definitely be a fans favourite at turf moor.

I disagree. I think it could possibly be that Koeman sees Kenny as good enough for the first team and so he will be the preferred choice (providing he does okay). Perhaps the hope is that When Coleman comes back we will have 2 good right backs who can fight it out for the starting spot.

As @MorgsGoat said, there's not many teams with 2 good players in each fullback role. Only Spurs have, most other teams have a much inferior player to their first choice starter or have players out of position.

United play Ashley freaking Young at fullback for Gods sake.

We currently have 1 Fullback in the entire first team squad, a 32 year old LB and people are wondering why we need cover.

SMFH mert.

And I know for a FACT that 99.9% of people who are writing Martina off havent watched more than 30seconds of the lad in their entire life.

Holgate Connolly Kenny Browning

And yet we sign Cucina.

Says a lot about how much we rate or don't rate our younger right backs

Wouldn't mind if we were going for a decent right back but do we honestly see Martina as better than those four?. Southampton didn't want him. Alarm. Bell.

Will be good to get this one wrapped up, then go and sign our marquee centre back to pair him with :D

Really can't see us signing a second centre half this window, I think surprise offers would have to come in for some of our defenders for us to buy another CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back