Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNulty's on it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40447200
"
Everton are closing in on a £25m deal for England defender Michael Keane from Premier Legaue rivals Burnley.

Keane, 24, has been a top target for Everton manager Ronald Koeman and he revealed his admiration for the ex-Manchester United player last season.

Talks are continuing and Everton hope to secure a deal before they report back for pre-season training on Monday."

IF he is then he'll be a hell of a player. Jags was brilliant in his prime. Rapid, positionslly solid, strong. He even did his ACL, lost his pace, and was still one of the best in the prem. Heck of a player was Jags, just shouldn't have been made captain.
Agree Jags was a great player just not a captain if this lad is half as good we will have some player he looks the part ..

IF he is then he'll be a hell of a player. Jags was brilliant in his prime. Rapid, positionslly solid, strong. He even did his ACL, lost his pace, and was still one of the best in the prem. Heck of a player was Jags, just shouldn't have been made captain.
I agree wholeheartedly. I think people have short memories. Him and lescott together was the best centre half pairing we've had since the glory days of the mid 80s. Between 2007-2009 there weren't many bettter. The biggest compliment I can give him, is that he nullified the threat of Torres at the RS numerous times, when Torres was terrorising defences. The sickening ACL injury robbed him of a yard of pace, but never his commitment to the club or the shirt.

Had assumed he'd be beyond us, for no other reason than ManU get him at a 25%discount due to the sell on. They could have picked him up for a years trial and got rid for a bigger profit if he was no better than what they already have

I agree wholeheartedly. I think people have short memories. Him and lescott together was the best centre half pairing we've had since the glory days of the mid 80s. Between 2007-2009 there weren't many bettter. The biggest compliment I can give him, is that he nullified the threat of Torres at the RS numerous times, when Torres was terrorising defences. The sickening ACL injury robbed him of a yard of pace, but never his commitment to the club or the shirt.

I remember an England game v Spain, Spain were the best in the world by a mile at the time. Villa Torres Iniesta Xavi all at their absolute peaks. England were utterly woeful yet Jagielka kept Torres completely quiet including a brilliant hand off in the first few mins. At one point though Villa ran past half the England midfield then curled a worldie past Jags. England lost 1-0. Next days papers claimed Everton player Jagielka was the reason for the loss as he wasn't international standard. Gerrard got man of the match I think despite getting the runaround for 90 mins. Stopped bothering with England at that point. Jags had been great but they couldn't wait to slaughter him. Him Baines and Lescott at their peaks were 3 of the best English defenders without doubt yet they never got a fair ride with England, same as Barkley. Keane will hurt his England career by choosing us instead of an FA approved team (super six plus West Ham and Southampton) but hopefully he'll be as good as Jags and Baines have been.

Can't say I watched too much of Burnley last season, so will have to go with the judgement of RK/Walsh... which is good enough. When the Pickford transfer was under our belts the shock of "20-something million" for a new player has faded and our expectations have been readjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back