Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see if/when he signs, the tutoring of Koeman sees him replace Stones for England.

I do know someone who used to teach Keane and speaks very highly of him.
Down to earth lad who wants to learn and become the best.

Will be intriguing to see what he can achieve here.

Get this Lemos lad as well. Williams ain't good enough

He's not going to change the whole back 4 in one window, not a chance IMO.

Keane and Williams for the start of the season.

If you introduce too many new players at once its a dangerous game.

Not saying we won't sign Lemos, just don't think he will walk straight in.

He's not going to change the whole back 4 in one window, not a chance IMO.

Keane and Williams for the start of the season.

If you introduce too many new players at once its a dangerous game.

Not saying we won't sign Lemos, just don't think he will walk straight in.

2 out of the 4 isn't a whole back 4.

Baines will likely still be our left back for a couple more seasons and Coleman is our best player imo and definitely our right back once he's back fighting fit, hopefully for another six or more years! A brand new center back pairing would be more than welcome though.

This will be a top signing. I'd be buying a partner for him too, Williams third choice, Mason fourth maybe Jags 5 and ship Funes out.
That Lemos perhaps? Or Ben Gibson - think he and Keane might pair well. Would be great to have two really solid center halves - especially if we can keep them together and fit long enough to develop a real partnership.

Next season has a lost of promise, but it might take a year to bed the players in and get the system working
To me next season is about solidifying our position as a year in year out fixture in Europe and settling in a gaggle of new players. Then next summer we add those one or two touches of pure class to take us into position to challenge the top 4.

Haha yes. I suspect he won't but with a new keeper and changeable right-backs I can't see the problem. Not much harmony to disrupt as it is.

I think he will see Williams and Baines as a bit of steady experience, especially in those tough opening fixtures, couldn't see him throwing Lemos in too.

Like you said, new keeper, right back up for grabs for Kenny or Holgate until Seamus is back and a new centre back is enough change to begin with.

To me next season is about solidifying our position as a year in year out fixture in Europe and settling in a gaggle of new players. Then next summer we add those one or two touches of pure class to take us into position to challenge the top 4.
We'll be doing our best to challenge the top 4 this season. We weren't too far off last season and I'm confident we're going to be stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back