Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that was not our usual position at that stage of the seventies, P.

We had finished third and fourth in the previous two seasons :)
Yes you are correct. It was the start of a desperate run until 'it happened'.
Edit - I'm having a nightmare here. We only really had two terrible seasons. It seemed so much worse.

BTW, I was watching a video of the 77/78 season earlier (4-1 v Villa in the cup) and we had a wonderful team.

Last edited:

Yes you are correct. It was the start of a desperate run until 'it happened'.
Edit - I'm having a nightmare here. We only really had two terrible seasons. It seemed so much worse.

BTW, I was watching a video of the 77/78 season earlier (4-1 v Villa in the cup) and we had a wonderful team.
That cup game featured the first appearance at GP since that rather eventful game the previous season of none other that everyones favourite Welshman....Clive Thomas.
In the Villa game, he gave absolutely every 50/50 call to us.
Horrible, horrible man.

That cup game featured the first appearance at GP since that rather eventful game the previous season of none other that everyones favourite Welshman....Clive Thomas.
In the Villa game, he gave absolutely every 50/50 call to us.
Horrible, horrible man.
Great game though, wasn't it. One of my earlier memories of going to Goodison.

Great game though, wasn't it. One of my earlier memories of going to Goodison.
I recall his mock horror putting his hand over his ears when the officials names were read out prior to kick off.
Ear piercing whistles from the sell out crowd, the likes I had never heard either before or since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back